Class 12 CBSE Chemistry Sample Question Paper for Exam 2014 - You will find here Sample Question Papers of Chemistry (Theory) Code A for examination 2014.
The mock test papers/sample question papers are based on previous years' question papers or dummy papers. It is needless to mention that the actual content of CBSE question papers will be completely different from the content of the Mock Test papers that appear here.
1. What is purple of cassius?
2. Write the name of two metals which can be extracted by self reduction process.
3. How many tetrahedral and octahedral voids present per unit cell in fcc structure?
4. Write the name of product formed when glucose is oxidised by nitric acid and by Br2 water.
5. Name any two fillers present in laundry soap?
6. Calculate the molality of orthophosphoric acid solution in which the mole fraction of orthophosphoric acid is 0.20.
7. Give equation for:
(i) Preparation of KMnO4 from pyrolusite
(ii) Action of heat on K2Cr2O7
8. The initial amount of reactant is 40 gm and its half life period is 10 minutes. If reaction follow zero order kinetics, how much reactant is left after 20 minutes?
9. Write the name and formula of monomers of the following polymers :
Nylon-6 and Glyptal.
10. Give any two examples of broad spectrum antibiotic.
11. How the mixture of ZnS and PbS are separated by froth floatation method. Write the name of method and equation by which nickel metal is purified?
12. A solid containing three elements x, y and z present at each corner, alternate face centre and alternate edge centre respectively. What is the formula of solid?
13. Write the equation of Freundlich adsorption isotherm and plot a graph of log m/x versus logP; also write the slope and intercept. Is Freundlich isotherm applicable at high pressure?
14. Write IUPAC name of linkage isomer of [CoCl(en)2NO2]+
15. Explain nature of bonding in [Ni(CO)4].
16. Write four differences between solution showing positive deviation and negative deviation from Raoult’s law and give one example of each.
17. Why aniline on nitration (HNO3 + H2SO4) gives ortho-nitro aniline in much lesser amount than meta nitro aniline while –NH2 group is ortho-para directing? What is the approximate percentage of each isomer formed?
18. Give equation for coupling reaction.
19. Write the structure of DDT and one of its main use.
(ii) Inversion of cane sugar
(iii) Reducing sugar
21. The three electrolytic cells x, y and z connected in series containing AlCl3, AgNO3 and MgCl2 electrolytes respectively. A steady current of 10 ampere is passed till 4.5 g Al is deposited at cathode of cell x. Calculate the mass of Ag and Mg deposited and time for passing current (Atomic wt. of Zn = 65, Ag = 108 and Al = 27).
22. How sulphuric acid is manufactured by the Contact process? Give the reaction of concentrated sulphuric acid with C, S, Cu and sucrose.
23. Give equations for preparation of HNO3 by Ostwald’s process. Give reaction which takes place:
(a) S and conc. HNO3
(b) Cu and conc. HNO3
(c) C and conc. HNO3