BHU MBBS Admission 2014

Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is the largest residential university of India. Many students think that it’s the best across India. MBBS is conducted by Institute of Medical Science (IMS) in BHU. It would be really a great to take admission in IMS, BHU to complete MBBS for any student.

There are lots of things to come in mind like what is the minimum criterion for admission, what about fee structure and many more. So let’s discuss in details all these things.


5 ½ years (including one year compulsory rotating internship training)

  • 1st Professional (2 semesters) - Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Biophysics.
  • 2nd Professional (3 semesters) - Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine, Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Community Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiology.
  • 3rd Professional Part - I (2 semesters) - Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, Medicine, Surgery, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medicine, Dentistry, Radiology, Anaesthesiology, Radiotherapy.
  • 3rd Professional Part - II (2 semesters) - Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, and Surgery including Orthopaedics.

Minimum Eligibility for Admission:

Passed Intermediate Science/Pre-Medical Course/12 year of 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English taken together. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply for the same.

Age: Completed 17 years but not crossed 25 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.

Foreign Nationals: Foreign nationals are not requisite to appear in the entrance examination for MBBS Course. They may seek admission through respective Ministries of Govt. of India, New Delhi, as per the rules.


  1. Candidates must qualified NEET-UG exam.


Selected candidates need to:

  1. Pass through medical fitness assessed by Medical Board of the Institute of Medical Sciences.
  2. Submit their score card of NEET - UG within 15 days after declaration of their results to the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
  3. Bring original certificates and mark-sheets at the time of admission.

How to Apply?

Candidate should be qualified for and should have registered for NEET-UG 2013 to be accomplished by CBSE. Such candidates are qualified for registering themselves for MBBS admissions at IMS, BHU, irrespective of their state of residence. Admission will be done austerely on the base of their merit in the NEET-UG 2013 examination to be held by the CBSE.

The fee for registration is Rs.1000/- for General and OBC candidates and Rs.600/- for SC & ST applicants.


Out of total 84 seats, 13 seats, candidates would be admitted through All India quota and the remaining 85% i.e. 71 seats will be filled up through IMS, BHU counseling. The distribution of the 71 seats amongst the different categories is as follows:

ST – 05

SC – 11

OBC – 19

General – 36

Note: Those students who have not registered with the Director, IMS, BHU will not be considered for admission to MBBS.

The candidates are suggested to check the IMS/BHU websites from time to time for up-dates.

Fee Structure: For MBBS course you have to pay Rs. 16000/ per year including all kind of fees like Hostel & mess.

Total Seats: 84. 15% seats (13 seats), will be filled in the course of All India quota (Central counseling). The remaining 85% seats (71 seats) will be filled up through IMS, BHU counseling.

The distribution of the 71 seats amongst the different categories is as follows: General - 36, OBC- 19, SC - 11 & ST - 5 (Total - 71 seats). 3% (2 seats) reservation for PC candidates will be given horizontally as per Government of India norms.

MBBS Course Overview:

There is a 9 semester course you have to read to complete your MBBS degree and apart from it one year one year compulsory rotating internship training is also necessary for all the students.

Post new comment