Welcome to BHU PET MCA Entrance Exam 2014 Section. You will find here Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Postgraduate Entrance Tests (PET) 2014 MCA Entrance Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Syllabus and How to Apply online.
BHU PET MCA Eligibility Criteria:
Bachelor’s Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate, ( including all subjects studied at Bachelor’s level except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final ( degree ) mark sheet. ) with Mathematics as one of the subjects at either Intermediate or +2 ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination, or, Bachelor’s level ( as a main or a subsidiary subject ).
BHU PET MCA Important Dates:
- Last date for sale of application forms from the office counter : First Week of March, 2014.
- Last date for receipt of duly completed application forms : First Week of March, 2014.
- BHU PET MCA Entrance Test Date : Last Week of May, 2014.
BHU PET MCA Application Form:
- The completed BHU PET application form can be deposited in the envelope supplied with the application form for the purpose to the “Office of the Controller of Examinations, Banaras Hindu University, on or before First Week of March, 2014. The applicants submitting their application forms at the BHU counter will be given acknowledgment slip.
- The forms dispatched through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier on or before First Week of March, 2014 will also be accepted if they are received in the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU by Second Week of March, 2014. The candidates are required to fill up the correct and complete Pin Code number to ensure correct routing of the mail by the Post Office.
- BHU Application forms also available Online through the website
- Self attested copies of all Certificate ( s ) in support of categories for reservation / supernumerary seats ( if any ).
- Candidates are required to arrange the application and enclosures thereto in the following order :
1:- Application Form ( Put it in the prescribed envelope ).
2:- “Challan” of State Bank of India for the prescribed Entrance Fee.
- Modes of BHU application form Submission 2014 :
1:- Online submission on BHU website as per procedure prescribed on the BHU website.
2:- Submission by Hand at the Counters of the Office of Controller of Examinations.
3:- Postal submission of forms.
- An applicant must enclose the following documents with his / her Application Form :
1:- “Challan of State Bank of India” for the prescribed Entrance Test Fee.
2:- Certificate ( s ) in support of the category claimed for reservation in the application form.
3:- Self attested copy of Caste Certificate from the competent authority as mentioned in Section 5 of the Information Bulletin. ( for SC / ST / OBC / OBC – Minorities category candidates only ).
4:- Self attested certificate from Chief Medical Officer of a District. ( for Physically Challenged candidates only ).
5:- BHU Employee’s Ward Certificate issued by Directors / Deans / Principal, MMV / HODs / Head of Offices concerned. In case of employee ward of PG colleges, the certificate issued by the principal of the college concerned. This claim shall be verified from the University records in case the candidate is selected for admission under this clause.
6:- Self attested copy of certificate ( s ) in support of ‘Sports Seats’ ( if claimed for ‘Sports Seats’ ).
- BHU PET Application forms shall be received at the counter without any immediate scrutiny. The validity of the application form shall be based on its objective scrutiny to be conducted at the time of admission ( if called for the same ).
- In no case BHU applications shall be entertained after the last date is over as mentioned above.
- Incomplete BHU application forms, application forms not bearing the signature of the applicant below declaration and application forms received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Application forms without photograph or with photocopy of photograph also shall not be considered. The University takes no responsibility for any delay or loss of application form or correspondence in postal transit.
BHU PET MCA Syllabus 2014:
There shall be one paper of 150 minutes duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple – choice questions on Mathematical Aptitude ( about 100 questions ), and Analytical and Logical Reasoning ( about 50 questions ).
- Mathematical Aptitude Test Areas ( +2 Level ) : Logarithms, Inequalities, Matrices and Determinants, Progressions, Binomial Expansion, Permutation and Combination, Equations ( up to degree 2 ), Function and Relation, Complex Arithmetic, 2 – D Coordinate Geometry, Basics of Calculus, Basic Concepts of Probability.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning : Questions will be mainly for checking logical conclusion, graphical / data interpretation, etc.
BHU PET MCA Exam Centres 2014:
BHU PET MCA Admission Procedure 2014:
- The admission of a candidate in a course will be done only when he / she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the PET, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course.
- The admission process will begin after the declaration of PET results. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments. The concerned Head of the Department / Coordinator will send call letters to the candidates for Counseling.
- The number of call letters will be nearly two – four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
- Candidates must have in their possession all the original documents.
- However, Mark sheet downloaded from the Website of the concerned examining body ( subject to verification by the Admission Committee ), Confidential Mark sheets or Provisional Results issued by the Registrar / Controller of Examinations of the concerned University or Secretary of the concerned Board ( in case qualifying examination is of Senior Secondary level ) shall also be entertained at the time of admission. Failure to pay the fees within the prescribed period given in the admission letter will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.