Welcome to BHU Research Entrance Test (RET) 2014 Section. You will find here Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission to Ph.D./Vidyavaridhi/M.Phil. programme in Subaltern Studies & Musicology; integrated M.phi-ph.D. programmes in Environment and Sustainable Development in the academic session 2014-15.
The Banaras Hindu University shall conduct Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) for M.A. In Education in MMV (Female candidates only), for admission, as given hereunder, for the Session 2014-2015. Admissions will be made according to merit in the PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats in the Course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
1) The University will hold RESEARCH ENTRANCE TEST (RET) on 21st July, 2013 for admission to Ph.D./Vidyavaridhi/M.Phil. programme in Subaltern Studies & Musicology; integrated M.phi ph.D. programmes in Environment and Sustainable Developnrent in the academic session 2013 14. Certain categories of candidates are eligible for direct admission in ph.D. under CRET-exempted category. The detailed admission procedure is available in the information Bulletin and at BHU website.
2) M.A, IN EDUCATION TEST on 21st July, 2013.
Desirous applicants for (1) and (2) can fill up the application online only.
Important Dates/Entrance Test
- Availability of RET/M.Phil.2013 and M.A. in Education ONLINE Form on the Entrance Test Portal: 12.06.2013
- Last date for online submission of application forms of RET/M.phil. 2013 and M.A. in Education: 30.06.2013
- Last date for submission of printout of online submitted application forms of RET/M.Phil. 2013 and M.A. in Education: 07.07.2013
- Date of Entrance Test: 21.07.2013
- Date of Declaration of Results: 24-28.07.2013
- Tentative date of Counseling for admission: 29-30.07.2013
- SCHEDULE OF POSTGRADUATE ENTRANCE TEST (PET) 2013 FOR M.A. IN EDUCATION IN MMV: 21.07.2013 (Sunday at 8.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M.)
Admit Card/Hall Ticket
1:- The Admit Card will be e-mailed to the candidate at the email addresses provided by the candidate in the application form around 12-14 July 2013. SMS alert regarding issue of Admit Card on the mobile phone registered by the candidate will also be sent. Therefore the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/ mobile phone numbers for correspondence while filling up the online application form. Alternatively, Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (bhuonline.in) on or after 14th July 2013. If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card by 18th July 2013, she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Phone No. 0542-2368418.
2:- Paste passport size photograph (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card and self-attest it.
1) Candidates to note that there will be no postal dispatch of Admit Card, which can only be downloaded and printed from the candidate’s e-mail account or downloaded from the BHU’s entrance test portal by logging in the portal.
2). The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card received by her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy the candidate should inform the Controller of Examinations immediately.
(i) The Tests, shall be held on 21st July 2013. Venue details will be given on the Admit Card.
(ii) No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Test without a valid Admit Card.
(iii) The candidate is required to retain the Admit Card in safe custody after the Test for presenting it before the Admission Committee, if called for counseling.
In all matters relating to Postgraduate Entrance Test and admission to M.A. in Education, MMV, the decision of the University shall be final and binding.
The admission of a candidate in a course will be done only when she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the PET- M.A. in Education, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course. The admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the PET, availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin and rules framed by the University from time to time.
The admission process will begin after the declaration of M.A. in Education PET result. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the MMV. The Counseling for admission shall be done on the 29th-30th July 2013 at Mahila Mahavidyalaya, BHU. The Principal, MMV will e-mail call letters to the candidates called for Counseling. Therefore the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses for correspondence. Candidates may also note that there will be no postal dispatch of call letter. The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test. Candidates must have in their possession all the original documents mentioned above [if not seeking conditional admission under provision
3(i) above]. However, Marksheet downloaded from the Website of the concerned examining body (subject to verification by the Admission Committee), CONFIDENTIAL MARKSHEETS or PROVISIONAL RESULTS issued by the Registrar/ Controller of Examinations of the concerned University or Secretary of the concerned Board (in case qualifying examination is of Senior Secondary level) shall also be entertained at the time of admission. Failure to pay the fees within the prescribed period given in the admission letter will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
How to download Admission Form/Application Form
The University has created its Entrance Test Portal with the domain name bhuonline.in. Its link is also available on the BHU website (bhu.ac.in). The entire process of making an application for admission to M.A. in Education, MMV during the academic session 2013-14 has been made ONLINE. Accordingly, candidates may note that the Application Form will not be sold (as there will be no offline mode) and the candidates desirous of admission shall be required to register on the Entrance Test portal of BHU and fill up the application form ONLINE as per procedure provided on the Portal. For further details visit the BHU website (bhu.ac.in) or the entrance test portal of BHU (bhuonlne.in).
The Candidate shall pay the following Application Processing Fee/Entrance Test fee:
- MA (Education) at Mahila Mahavidyalaya (For SC/ST): Rs. 250.00
- MA (Education) at Mahila Mahavidyalaya (For Others): Rs. 500.00
(i) The Application Form once submitted with the Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee at concessional rate meant for SC/ST candidate shall be considered under SC/ST Category.
(ii) The Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee paid shall neither be refunded nor transferred to another course and shall also not be reserved for any subsequent year, in any case.
Entrance Test Centre
The Test will be held at the Varanasi Centre only.