Management studies have become the topmost priority in Indian students nowadays. Acquiring professional knowledge about various management systems and learning to implement these skills in practical life are the necessities of the modern generation of the students. Many of them preferred to take advanced education in management studies. The sole reason behind this is the work opportunities provided by the companies to management experts. In private as well as government sector, there is a lot of demand to the people who have degree in different subjects related to management. Thus, if you want to join any course in management studies for making a bright career, then you must know about the CAT (Common Admission Test) in India.
The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct Common Admission Test 2014 (CAT 2014) during a 2-day testing window (4 sessions) on 16th & 22nd November, 2014. CAT 2014 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
Registration Window: 06th August – 30th September 2014
Test Dates: 16th and 22nd November 2014
Common Admission Test, popularly known as CAT, is one of the biggest examinations conducted in the country. It is arranged once in a year and provides opportunity to the students to obtain admission in many well-known management institutions in the country. Following are names of some institutes that are affiliated to the CAT:
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) ( all colleges)
- Indian Institutes for Technology (IIT)
- Indian Institute for Science (IISC)
- National Institute for Technology (NIT)
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
Format of CAT
Before 2009, the CAT was operated on the written paper basis. The examination was conducted on a specific day for the students all over India. However, since 2009 CAT is conducted through online test. Prometric company from U.S.A. monitors and supervises this computerized system of online examination. The candidates are requested to submit their answers for objective questions online and are provided with the result in same format.
Eligibility for the Examination
The committee supervising these examinations has put some terms and conditions for the students who want to appear for it. The students have to fulfill these criteria in order to be able to give the test. Following are some important eligibility criterions:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks from a recognized University. The college or University where the degree has been obtained must be authorized by NAAC. The candidates are requested to submit their certification with the application. If the student has procured degree with grade evaluation, the GCPA score should be converted into percentage level according to his or her college or University norms.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India. He or she must be able to produce their national identity details to the committee.
- There are certain exemptions for the students from Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), with the relation to required percentage and age limit.
Procedure for the Application
The application process for CAT 2013 has started already. The students can submit the application online with the scanned copies of their photographs and signatures. Selected candidates will be provided with hall-tickets. Online test would be conducted in December, 2013. The CAT score can help the candidates to obtain admissions in the prominent management institutes in the country for year 2014-15.