Welcome to CBSE Class 10th & 12th Highlights 2013 Section. All Students can find here info on Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 10th & 12th Highlights 2013 online.
CBSE Highlights of Class X (10th):
The Scheme of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) for Class X 2013 examination:
- Scheme 1– there shall be no Board Examination at Secondary (Class X) level for students studying in the schools affiliated to the Board who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X.
Question papers and Marking Scheme will be supplied by the Board and evaluation will be done by the schools.
- For Scheme-1, schools are being advised to conduct examination during the second half of March between 16.3.2013 to 31.3.2013. Schools have been given the facility to submit online date sheet to the board for conducting exams for students. They can generate online admit cards for students appearing in school based exams.
- Scheme 2– students of Schools affiliated to the Board who wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X (Pre-University, Vocational course, Change of Board etc.) are required to take the Board’s External Examination at Secondary (Class X) level.
Question papers and Marking Scheme will be prepared by the CBSE and evaluation will be carried out by the Board through External Examiners.
- For Scheme-2, examination would commence from 1st March, 2013 and would conclude on 15th March, 2013.
- In the Final Examination of term II, the question paper will be based on the Term-II and not on the complete syllabus of Class-X. The question papers for Class X would be as per Sample Paper. Content coverage for both types of question papers (Board/School Based) would be the same.
- Under scheme 1, the Board has decided to send the question paper online for Classes IX and X for Summative Assessment-II through Integrated Test Management System (ITMS). Each school has to register school name with a user name and password and complete registration through CBSE website.
- A uniform certificate will be issued to all the candidates by the Board, whether appearing under Scheme-II or Scheme-I.
CBSE Highlights of Class XII (12th):
- Introduction of project work in the subject of Business Studies of 10 marks to be evaluated by external examiner.
- Improvement of Performance permitted to all class XII candidates aspiring for JEE- even of 2011 examination whether appeared in 2012 in relaxation of Rule 44.1 (i) of the Examination Bye-laws. Improvement of performance / Up gradation of performance permitted in all the subjects in which the candidate has appeared in the previous year.