Welcome to CBSE PSA Class 9th Qualitative Supporting Material 2014 Section. You can download here CBSE Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) Class 9th Qualitative Supporting Material 2014 online with Answer Key.
QUALITATIVE - Stand Alone MCQ
1). Manav is facing west. He turns 45° in the anti-clock-wise direction and then 180° in the clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
2) Pratibha is standing facing west. If she turns left and walks 50 mtr. distance and again she turns left. Which direction is she facing now?
3) Mahima lives in Chennai in a sea-facing house. While going to her friend's house, she turns to her right. After moving to 70 mtr. in that direction, she again turns to her right. Which direction is she facing now?
4) Two N.C.C Cadet groups ,'A' and ,'B' are facing east and west directions respectively. They were given following commands -----left turn, about turn, right turn and left turn. At last, in which directions group ,'A' and ,'B' are facing now?
a) East, West
b) West, East
c) North, South
d) South, North
5) Ram moves 4 metres. in south direction then he moves 3 metres. in east direction. How far is he from the starting point?
a) 5 metres
b) 1 metre
c) 3 metres
d) 4 metres
6) Anuj and Manuj are facing North and South directions respectively. Both of them move at 180°. In which respective direction they are facing now?
a) West, east
b) East , west
c) South, north
d) North , south
7) Find out the missing letter and mark the correct option as answer .
Z X U _ L F
8) A C E __ I K
9) Mark the correct option for missing places to complete the series.
a_bb_abba_ _ baa_ b
a) a a a b b
b) a b b a a
c) a a b b a
d) a a a b a
10) Which pair will come next?
ZX AC VT EG __?
11) Note:- Read the passage and the conclusion carefully and mark the correct option.
It has been observed that educated parents expanse / invest more on education of their children because by their experience they know the value or importance of education.
Conclusion – I : Illiterate parents do not understand the value or importance of education.
Conclusion – II: Educated parents understand the value or importance of education
a) Only conclusion I is correct.
b) Only conclusion II is correct
c) Both conclusion I & II are correct
d) Neither conclusion I nor II is correct
12) In a certain code language ANT is written as BOU. How will ZEBRA be written in that code language?
a) A F C S B
b) B G D T C
c) B G T D C
d) A F B C S
13) Md. Hasan says to his friend with pointing towards Md. Rayyan “His mother and my mother are daughter – mother.” How are Hasan and Md. Rayyan related?
a) paternal Uncle – Nephew
b) Maternal Uncle – Nephew
c) Father – son
d) Father-in-law – son-in-law
14) Fatima introduces Mr. Zakir to her husband and said that father of his brother is the only son of her grandfather. How is Fatima related to Mr. Zakir?
15) Tanzeela is Tazeem's sister and Mr. Yusuf is father of Tazeem. Shahnawaz is son of Mr. Sabir and Mr. Sabir is brother of Mr. Yusuf. How is Tanzeela related to Shahnawaz?
Note:- In question No. 16 to 17 arrange the following in the increasing order and choose the correct option to match your answer correctly.
a) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
b) 2, 1, 3, 4, 5
c) 2, 1, 4, 3, 5
d) 2, 1, 3, 5, 4
2. Madhya Pradesh
a) 3, 1, 2, 4
b) 3, 1, 4, 2
c) 1, 3, 2, 4
d) 1, 2, 3, 4
1. River Godavari
2. River Ganga
3. River Narmada
4. River Tapi
a) 2, 3, 4, 1
b) 2, 3, 1, 4
c) 4, 3, 2, 1
d) 4, 3, 1, 2
Note:- (Q19-25) Find Odd One Out
a) River Beas
b) River Sutlej
c) River Ravi
d) River Kaveri
1) (b) North-East 2) (b) East 3) (b) West 4) (d) South-North 5) (a) 5 m
6) (c) South, North 7) (b) Z X U Q L F 8) (d) A C E G I K 9) (a) aabb aabb aabb aabb
10) (d) ZX AC VT EG RP 11) (b) Only II is correct 12) (a) Each letter is replaced by next.
13) (b) Maternaluncle – Nephew 14) (c) Sister 15) (c) Cousin
16) (c) 2, 1, 4, 3, 5 Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, Yearly
17) (a) 3, 1, 2, 4 Area wise sequence
18) (d) 4, 3, 1, 2 Tapi shortest and Ganga is the longest river
19) (c) Mining 20) (d) River Kaveri 21) (d) Factory 22) (b) Passenger
23). (d) Discrimintion 24) (a) Gallon 25) (d) Citizen