Welcome to DCE Kerala Post-Matric Scholarship 2013-14 Section. You will find here info on DCE Kerala Post-Matric Scholarship eligibility criteria, important dates, rate of scholarship, how to apply, documents etc. online for academic year 2013-14.
Online applications are invited for the Post-Matric Scholarship for the academic year 2013-14 from students belonging to minority communities (Muslim/ Christian/ Buddhists/ Sikh and Parsee) to be awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Applications are to be submitted online in the Scholarship Website of Department of Collegiate Education. Instructions for filling up the online application can be accessed through the link Post-Matric Scholarship provided in the Home Page of Scholarship website.
Who can Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship?
A. Should be the First Year student of,
i. Plus Two/ UG/ PG/ Ph.D Course of Higher Secondary School/ College/ Institutes/ University, which is either a Govt/ Aided/Recognised Unaided Institution. OR
ii. 11th Class/Technical/ Vocational Course of ITI/ITC Centres affiliated to NCVT. OR
iii. Course, other than those listed under merit-cum-means scholarship scheme.
B. Should belong to Minority Community (Muslim/ Christian/ Buddhists/ Sikh/ Zoroastrians or Parsis).
C. Should have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous Board/ University Examination.
D. The Annual Family Income should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs.
E. Should not be availing any other Scholarship or Stipend.
Important Dates/Last Date
- Online Submission of the Application by students : 24-08-2013
- Submission of Registration printout and documents to the Institution by candidates: 03-09-2013
- Completion of Verification and Approval by the Institution: 25-09-2013
- Registration printouts and supporting documents of approved applications to reach Special officer Scholarship (In case of Recognised Unaided Institutions in Kerala and in respect of students of Recognised Institutions in outside Kerala): 03-10-2013
How to Apply
a. Application can be submitted only ONLINE at DCE Kerala Scholarship website.
b. Students are required to register themselves in this site before applying for this scholarship. The instructions for registration are provided in the Website: Home
Page> Student Registration.
c. After the completion of registration, students can LOGIN and Apply for the scholarship.
d. Candidates are required to take a Printout of the Registration Form after submitting (after SUBMIT button is clicked) their application online.
e. Candidates are required to submit the Printout along with the supporting documents (listed in para.5) to the Head of their Institution.
f. An officer designated by the Head of the Institution/ Head of the Institution has to verify ONLINE, the data provided online by the candidate with the Registration printout and the documents submitted by the candidate.
g. The candidate can edit the online data until it is verified by the verifying officer.
h. The verified applications are to be approved by the Head of the Institution.
i. The Registration printouts and supporting documents of the verified and approved applications are:
- To be kept in the Institution itself in case of Govt./ Aided Institutions. These documents are liable to be verified by the Inspection team of Scholarship wing, Directorate of Collegiate Education.
- To be sent to The Special Officer for Scholarships, Directorate of Collegiate Education, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, 695033, in case of Recognised Unaided Institutions in Kerala and in respect of students of Recognised Institutions outside Kerala.
Students studying in Institutions outside Kerala:
Students studying outside Kerala also required to register online.
Instructions to Institutions outside Kerala
To enable the online registration by the student, the institution has to register in the website. The institution should send their details to email@example.com and the registration will be done by the Department. The institution will be provided with a user id and password to login to the scholarship site. There after the institution should update further details by adding the courses and course fees etc in the site.
An officer of the institution should verify the online application and should be approved by the Principal. Institution has to forward the online printout and supporting documents submitted by the students to the Special officer scholarships vide 4 ( i ) (2 ) above.
Documents to be Enclosed along With the Registration Printout
- Self-attested passport size photograph pasted on the Registration printout.
- Attested copies of Mark lists of all Examinations from Matriculation onwards, passed by the candidate.
- Income declaration – affidavit (as shown in Appendix-III) on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- for self-employed parents/guardian or income certificate from the employer for employed parents.
- An affidavit as shown in appendix-IV in Non-judicial stamp paper of Rs10/-by the student that he/she belongs to any one of the Minority communities notified by Central Government/Community certificate from the competent authority.
- An affidavit as shown in appendix V in non judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/-by the student regarding his/her place of residence/nativity or nativity certificate from the competent authority
- Nativity certificate from the competent authority.
- Attested copy of the first page of Bank Passbook in the name of the student, showing the Account Number and Name, Code and Address of the Branch.
- Accommodation Certificate in case of Hostellers.
- Copy of Adhaar number/Adhaar enrollment /NPR
Rate of Scholarship
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
(Amount in Rs.)
|Sl.||Item||Hosteller *||Day scholar|
|1||Admission and tuition fee for classes||Actual subject to a||Actual||subject||to||
|XI and XII.|
|of Rs.7,000 p.a.||Rs.7,000 p.a.|
|2||Admission and course/tuition fee for|
|Actual subject to a||Actual||subject||to||
|technical and vocational courses of XI|
|and||XII level. (Includes fees/charges|
|of Rs. 10,000 p.a.||Rs. 10,000 p.a.|
|for raw materials, etc.)|
|3||Admission and tuition fee for||
|Actual subject to a||Actual||subject||to||
|graduate, post||maximum ceiling||maximum||ceiling||
|graduate.||of Rs.3,000 p.a.||Rs.3,000 p.a.|
|4||Maintenance allowance for 10 months|
|only in an academic year (Includes|
|expenses for study material, etc.)||Rs.380 p.m.||
Rs. 230 p.m.
|technical and vocational courses of this|
|(ii)Courses other||than technical and|
|professional courses at under-||Rs.570 p.m.||
Rs. 300 p.m.
|graduate and post graduate level|
|(iii) M. Phil and Ph.D.|
|(For||those researchers who are not||Rs.1200 p.m.||
|awa r ded||a ny||fello w shi p b y|
|university or any other authority)|
* Hostellers include students who are not staying in hostel of the school/institute concerned but are staying as paying guest or in rented accommodation in towns/cities which are not the places where their parents reside.
Engineering & Technology Courses (B.Tech/B.E./ M.Tech.):
(1) Aeronautical Engineering (AE)
(2) Agricultural Engineering (AG),
(3) Automobile Engineering (AUE),
(4) Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (AEI),
(5) Automation and Robotics (ARE),
(6) Bio-Medical Engineering (BME),
(7) Bio-Technology (BT),
(8) Ceramic Engineering/Technology (CT),
(9) Chemical Engineering (CH),
(10) Civil Engineering (CE),
(11) Computer Science and Engineering (CS),
(12) Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE),
(13) Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE),
(14) Environmental Engineering (ENE),
(15) Food T e c hno logy (FT),
(16) Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM),
(1) Post graduate diploma in cement technology
(17) Information Technology (IT),
(18) Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE),
(19) Leather Technology (LT),
(20) Marine Engineering (MRE), (2 1) Materials Science & Technology
(22) Metallurgical Engineering (MT),
(23) Mechanical Engineering (ME),
(24) Mining Engineering (MN),
(25) Oil & Paint Technology (OPT),
(26) Polymer Science and Rubber Technology (PSR),
(27) Printing Technology (PT),
(28) Production Engineering (PE),
(29) Pulp & Paper Technology (PPT),
(30) Sugar Technology (ST ) ,
(3 1) Textile Engineering/Technology
(32) Transportation Engineering (TE).
Fashion Technology (Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology)
- B.FTech (Design): Fashion Design, Leather Dsign, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design, Fashion Communication.
- B.FTech (Apparel Production).
- Me.FTech: Management, Apparel Production, Design Space.
(1) Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM),
(2) Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM),
(3) Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Exec-PGDM), Master in Business Administration (MBA).
(2) M.Pharm (PH).
Architecture & Town Planning (Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only)
(1) Architecture (AR),
(2) Interior Design (ID),
(3) Building Construction Technology (BCT),
(4) Planning (PL).
Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only)
(1) Hotel Management & Catering Technology (HMCT)
Applied Arts & Crafts (Under Graduate and Post Graduate level courses only)
(1) Applied Arts & Product Design (APD),
(2) Fine Arts/Applied Arts/Fine & Applied Arts (FA/AA/FAA),
(3) Fashion & Apparel Design (FAD).
(1) Master in Computer Application (MCA)
Design (Degree from National Institute of Design, Ahamdabad)
(1) Graduate diploma in design
(2) Post graduate diploma programme in design
Medical & Para Medical courses
|MBBS||(7)||Master of Physical Therapy (MPT)|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine &||(8)||Bachelor||of||occupational||Therapy|
|Bachelor of Unani Medicine &||(9)||Master||of||occupational||Therapy|
|Bachelor||of Homeopathic Medicine||(1 0) B. Sc . N u rs i ng|
|& Surgery)||courses||(1 1) M.S c . Nursing|
|Post Graduate||(12) B . D . S .|
|Bachelor||of||Physical Therapy||(1 3) M . D . S .|
Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry
(1) B.VSc. & A.H. (Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry)
(2) PG courses
Chartered Accountancy/Institute of Cost and Work Accountancy/Company Secretary
(1 ) C A (Cha rte r e d Account ancy)
(2) ICWA (Institute of Cost and Work Accountancy)
(3) CS ( C o m p a ny S e cr e t ar y ) .
(1 ) L. L. B.
(2) L. L. M