Welcome to DU BDS Admission 2013-2014 Section. You will find here Delhi University Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Admission entrance exam date/important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, number of seats, reservation criteria etc. online.
The University of Delhi will not conduct Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test 2013 (DUMET 2013) for admission to BDS Courses under Delhi Quota for the Session 2013-14. Instead, admission to BDS Courses for all categories under Delhi Quota will be made on the basis of the merit obtained by the eligible candidates in NEET (UG)-2013 conducted by CBSE. The candidate must apply/appear in NEET (UG)-2013 to become eligible for admission under Delhi Quota in the BDS Courses of University of Delhi.
Entrance Exam Date/Important Dates
- Sale of Bulletin of Information from: 10.05.2013 (Friday)
- Last date for receipt of Applications in the office of the Medical Faculty: 10.06.2013 (Monday)
- Display of the merit list: 15.06.2013 (Saturday)
- Date of Medical Examination: To be notified by the College concerned
- Commencement of Session: 01.08.2013 (Thursday)
- 2nd Counselling for MBBS/BDS Course: 27.08.2013 (Tuesday)
- Close of admissions: 30.09.2013 (Monday)
Schedule for Counselling for admission to BDS Course:
- Candidates with merit position 001 to 500 under Open Merit List of National Capital Territory of Delhi: 19.07.2013 (Friday)
- All eligible ST candidates of National Capital Territory of Delhi: 22.07.2013 (Monday)
- All eligible SC candidates of National Capital Territory of Delhi: 22.07.2013 (Monday)
- All eligible OBC candidates of National Capital Territory of Delhi: 22.07.2013 (Monday)
Who can Apply?/Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should have completed the age of 17 (seventeen) years on or before 31st December 2013. The candidates completing the age of 17 years on 1st January 2014 or later will not be eligible for admission. The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December, 2013. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Indian Nationals/Overseas citizens of India, who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E/ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/ Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only, will be eligible for admission. The candidate must have studied 11th and 12th classes regularly from a recognized school within the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Further the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and English separately and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology”.
In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination and in case of selection for admission to the BDS Course, he shall not be admitted to that course until he fulfills the eligibility criteria.
- Eligible Female candidates from outside Delhi belonging to SC category, ST category and CWWAPP category who have passed the qualifying examination from Indian Universities/ Boards or Foreign Universities/ Boards are eligible for admission to Lady Hardinge Medical College only against the seats reserved for these categories, subject to their fulfilling the prescribed conditions.
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, in all the required subjects separately (Theory and Practical), for admission to BDS Courses.
- A candidate who had not taken any one or more of the required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in the qualifying examination but had subsequently passed in that subject(s) as an additional subject is not eligible.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination from Patrachar Vidyalaya or National Institute of Open Schooling will not be eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared in the Annual Examination of the year 2013 and placed under compartment will not be eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared in the Annual Examination of the year 2013 and are reappearing for improvement will also not be considered eligible.
- Admission to BDS Courses for all categories under Delhi Quota will be made on the basis of the merit obtained by the eligible candidates in the NEET (UG)-2013 to be conducted by CBSE.
- A candidate who has been admitted in BDS earlier but has failed to pass the First Professional BDS Examination will not be considered eligible for admission.
Total number of seats in Under-Graduate Courses for the Session 2013-2014
Seats to be filled in 85%
|Seats to be||
Seats to be
Delhi Quota Seats
How to get Application Form
The Application Form may also be downloaded from Faculty website fmsc.ac.in and the same may be sent to the Deputy Registrar, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, V.P. Chest Institute Building, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007 duly filled in alongwith requisite Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque amounting to Rs.750/- for General and OBC category or Rs. 550/- for SC/ ST category in favour of the ‘Registrar, University of Delhi’ payable at Delhi.
For more info .....