Free Laptops for Odisha 12th Pass Students 2014-15 - There is very good news for all the students of Orissa. Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha has decided to distribute free laptops to 12th pass students in Odisha.
Last year Samajwadi Party of Uttar Pradesh came to power by promising distribution of free laptop an tablets to students of Uttar Pradesh. They kept their promise and has already started distribution of laptops and tablets to students. This scheme is very popular among students or you can say young voters. Naveen Patnaik government in Orissa is also trying to cash on in this scheme and in the process has promised free laptop distribution in Orissa for students.
Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra said a committee had been appointed to set a benchmark for selection of the meritorious students.
The free laptop scheme would be launched on August 15 in Bhubaneswar by distributing the gadgets to the shortlisted students of Khurda district.
All eligible students can fill the application form in their schools to get the free laptops. Like previously mentioned by me that priority will be to give away free laptops to poor meritorious students who are girls or belong to tribal or Dalit categories. This category may get extended depending on budget which is allocated for this purpose.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had said free laptops will be provided to bridge the digital divide between students and special focus would be given to girls and students belonging to SC and ST communities.
The State Government has recently announced a progressive youth policy for the benefit of young generation of Odisha. One of the objectives of the youth policy is to have access to laptops in case of meritorious +2 pass out students, which will definitely help them to meet their learning requirements, but also help them to meet the challenges of rapidly changing scenario in day to day life.
- The meritorious students who pass out +2 level from CHSE, Odisha would be eligible to receive laptop under the scheme.
- The merit list shall be drawn among the students who have passed in 1st division only. After such coverage, if any surplus is found in allotted number of laptops for SC & ST students in different streams (Arts, Science, Commerce), then it should be equally distributed (50:50) between SC & ST students.
- Merit list of 15000 candidates for this purpose shall be drawn on the basis of the marks scored in CHSE exam in respective streams.
- Laptops would be distributed in 30 Nodal Centers (list enclosed).
- The Principals of the colleges, declared as Nodal Centers shall distribute the laptops to the students out of the approved list.
- The I.T Dept. will deliver the laptops to respective Principals of the nodal colleges.
- The Principals of these Nodal Centers shall appoint one dedicated and reliable teacher of the college who shall be responsible for the safe keeping and smooth distribution of laptops.
- Govt. have approved a committee at the District level with the following members to monitor the entire process.
|Sl No||District||District Code||Arts||Commerce||Science||Total||View|