Employment status in India shows that Government jobs are being preferred by previous and also current generations. These jobs offer not only financial security, but also permanent job status which has become rare nowadays. Private sector jobs provide ample opportunities to earn more money, but they are unable to offer a fixed tenure to any candidate. Therefore, most graduating candidates strive for attaining a secured job. Banking industry is one of the most popular sectors among young candidates in India. IBPS, as it is popularly called, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a ruling organization which conducts banking examinations for 20 public sector banks and other Regional Rural Banks in India. It is an autonomous body, which governs according to the regulations put up by RBI.
Establishment of IBPS:
The institute of Personnel Selection Services (PSS) was established in 1974, for monitoring the recruitment of banking staff. It has been transformed into Institute of Banking Personnel Selection in 1984, with a view to create an independent body to govern overall banking recruitment in the public sector.
Mission and Objectives of IBPS
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection aims at creating a unique system for developing individuals to join the banking industry and perform well in order to induce growth of banking industry.
- It also develops modules and examination papers for the general test conducted for various posts in member banks.
- The institute also conducts research for bringing new innovations in the test system and development of officials, in order to accumulate modern technology in the banking sector.
Work Strategies of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
IBPS primarily looks upon the scheduling of the banking examination throughout the country. It accepts applications from the candidates within scheduled dates and arranges the teat for various posts ranging from clerks to specialist officers. These examinations are supervised and monitored by IBPS officials. There is an online process for registering applications and obtaining hall-tickets which is known as www.ibps.in. The banks which participate as the employers in this process are as follows:
- Allahabad Bank
- State Bank Of India
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ECGC (Export Credit Guarantee Corporation)(Joined Recently
After the common written examination, CWE , interviews are conducted for the passing candidates. An individual has to procure a minimum score in both written and oral examination to get recruited in one of the mentioned banks. The minimum score is decided by IBPS as per the number of candidates and difficulty level of the examination paper.
Such is the working and management of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, which has been appraised by many critics for its transparent and quick system of recruitment.
- IBPS Bank Clerk Solved Model Question Paper for 2013
- IBPS CWE Exam Papers 2013
- IBPS CWE Bank PO Syllabus
- IBPS CWE Bank SO Syllabus
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam Reasoning Sample Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam Numeric Ability Sample Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam General Awareness Sample Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam English Language Sample Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Specialist Officers English Language Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Specialist Officers Reasoning Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Specialist Officers General Awareness Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Probationary Officers Quantitative Aptitude Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Probationary Officers General Awareness Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Probationary Officers Reasoning Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Probationary Officers Computer Knowledge Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE Probationary Officers English Language Exam Paper 2012
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam English Language Question Paper 2011
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam Computer Knowledge Question Paper 2011
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam General Awareness Question Paper 2011
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam Numerical Ability Question Paper 2011
- IBPS CWE RRB Clerk Exam Reasoning Question Paper 2011