India is well known in all over the world for the famous Universities and colleges that offer quality education. Many people choose to come to India to acquire the knowledge of philosophies, ancient sciences and technologies. There are many colleges and Universities in India that provide variety of courses for students. However, there are few ones which provide distance learning courses. Indira Gandhi National Open University is considered as best of these distance learning institutions.
Admissioncorner.com - a comparison service for aspiring students seeking academic admissions
Admissioncorner.com provide comparison service to students who are seeking admission in universities/colleges/institutes.
We have over 4,50,000 students who visit our website to get information about colleges across India
We offer a free of cost service for students and an opportunity for colleges to get mass visibility
- To provide graduate and postgraduate level education to all sections of the society
- To arrange superior lectures and guidance of experts for the learners
- To increase the quality of education in the country
- To provide access to the disadvantaged people to the higher education with proper quality
- To arrange distance learning courses for unprivileged people who cannot afford regular courses
The university has marked international presence over the years since establishment. It has developed its teaching facilities and technologies as per the requirements and advancements in the current generation. It has also arranged lectures from many scholars and academic experts for the students in all these years. They have also included Edusat operations in their facilities. As of now, the University is focusing on the online training and distance education conferences that will provide education in a modern way. Current Vice-chancellor is Prof. M Aslam who has earned a doctorate in sociology.
IGNOU operates through many divisions and schools for various subjects. The divisions contain many departments like academic co-ordination, administration, computer operations, finance and accounts, international center, etc. The university boasts of a huge collection at library that helps students to acquire and refresh their knowledge.
Following are the schools from which a student can choose from:
- School of Humanities(SOH)
- School of Law(SOL)
- School of Management Studies(SOMS)
- School of Performing and Visual Arts(SOPVA)
- School of Inter-disciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies(SOITS)
- School of Agriculture(SOA)
- School of Computer and Information Sciences( SOCIS)
- School of Continuing Education(SOCE)
- School of Extension and Development(SOEDS)
- School of Health Sciences(SOHS)
- School of Education(SOE)
- School of Engineering and Technology(SOET)
- School of Foreign Languages(SOFL)
- School of Gender and Development Studies(SOGDS)
- School of Social Work(SOSW)
- School of Translation Studies and Training(SOTST)
The study centers of the IGNOU have spread all over the world ranging from south to north end. Almost all major cities have been covered in the campus of University. The students can avail of the educational facilities from their home regions while pursuing their profession. Thus, IGNOU has carved a beautiful path for education for the Indian society through its continuous efforts.