Welcome to Ignou OPENMAT XXXIV Admission 2013 Section. You will find here Indira Gandhi National Open University (Ignou) OPENMAT XXXIV Admission eligibility criteria, entrance exam date, admission procedure, application form etc. online.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announces admissions to Management Programmes (MP), through an entrance test (OPENMAT-XXXIV), to be held all over the country on 15th August, 2013 (Thursday 10.00 AM- 01.00 PM).
Admission to the MBA, DIM, PGDIM and PG Diplomas in HRM, FM, OM, MM and FMP will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the OPENMAT, conducted all over India twice a year as per above schedule. A result card will be sent to all the candidates who have appeared in the OPENMAT examination. It will indicate whether the candidate has qualified or not qualified for admission on the basis of cut-off score as decided by the University. After qualifying in OPENMAT, a learner will have to apply for admission on the specified APPLICATION FORM (Form 2) which is given in the Prospectus (p. 161-162) alongwith required documents to the Regional Director concerned.
Learners are advised to retain a Photo Copy of the Application Form submitted to IGNOU.
Admission will be offered to all those attaining the cut off score and above, subject to their fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
Who can Apply? / Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks for general category / 45% for reserved category, with 3 years’(post-qualification) managerial/supervisory/professional experience. OR
Professional Degree with 50% marks in:
Engineering/Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA)/ Company Secretaryship (ICSI) / Law
- Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- There is no age bar.
Important Dates / Entrance Exam Date
The important dates for admission to OPENMAT XXXIV for July 2013 is:
- Date of Entrance Test: 08.09.2013 (OPENMAT-XXXIV)
- Last Date of submission of the OPENMAT entrance test application form (Form 1): 08.08.2013
- Validity of OPENMAT score and Eligible to seek admission in*: 1st Sem. 2014 (January 2014) and 2nd Sem. 2014 (July 2014)
- Last date for submission of application form for admission (Form-2) at the concerned Regional Centre along with Result Card, Identity proof, and other relevant documents: 30th November 2013 and 31st May 2014
Validity of OPENMAT XXXIV Score
Candidates who have qualified for admission on the basis of the score obtained in the Entrance Test (OPENMAT) will be eligible to seek admission into Management Programme in any of the following two semesters. For example, a student who qualifies for admission in September 2013 OPENMAT, may take admission in any of the following two semesters i.e. either in January 2014 or July 2014 semester. The last dates for submission of the Application Form for Admission to these semesters are as follows :
- For 1st Sem. 2014 (January 2014) – 30th November, 2013
- For 2nd Sem. 2014 (July 2014) – 31st May, 2014
- The admission to MBA (Master in Business Administration) programmes is based on the clearance of the entrance test (OPENMAT-XXXIV).
- However, candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test conducted by institutions like CAT/MAT and state level tests need not appear in OPENMAT-XXXIV.
- The cut-off percentage for these candidates shall be decided by the university, subject to a minimum of 40%.
- The university will not accept the score of examining bodies in terms of percentile
- Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of managerial / supervisory / professional experience are eligible to apply for DIM only
- Candidates who qualify entrance test can submit the application form for admission to management programme, which is available in the student handbook and prospectus along with the required documents and fee to the respective regional centres on any day after the receipt of result card but not later than 31st May, 2013 for admission cycle starting from July, 2013. Provision for online admission will also be available on website.
Student handbook and prospectus can be obtained from the Registrar (SRD), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 and from all the Regional Centres of IGNOU by sending a sum of Rs 550/- through a demand draft/IPO in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi/city of concerned regional centre or by paying Rs 500/- in cash at the respective sale counters
Write your name and address and name of programme on the back of the demand draft/IPO
Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in and sent along with a demand draft/IPO for Rs 550/- in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi by registered/speed post to Registrar (SED), IGNOU Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
Filled in form must reach the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 by registered post/speed post on or before 15th July, 2013
Course fee of Rs. 1500/- per course can be paid through a Bank Draft obtained from any one of the scheduled banks in favour of IGNOU and should be payable at the city where your Regional Centre is situated (both at the time of Admission and Re-Registration). Please write Your Name, Enrolment Number and address on the back of the Bank Draft to ensure proper credit to your fee account.
Course fee can also be paid through bank challan (both at the time of Admission and Re-registration) at the designated Indian Bank and IDBI Bank branches given in Appendix-9. Two copies of the challan will be returned to you by the bank out of which copy marked as “University’s copy” should be submitted to the Regional Centre along with Admission/Re-registration form.
Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any another programme of this university.
Scholarship and Reimbursement of Fees
All students including those belonging to reserved categories viz., Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST), OBC and Physically Handicapped are required to pay the full fee at the time of admission to the University.
Students belonging to Reserved Categories viz. SC, ST & Physically Handicapped admitted to IGNOU are eligible for Government of India scholarships provided these are available for PG level programmes. They are advised to collect scholarship forms from the Directorate of Social Welfare or Office of the Social Welfare Officer of the concerned State Government and submit the filled in forms to them through the concerned Regional Director of IGNOU. Scholarship scheme of National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled People (NCPEDP) for Post Graduate level programmes is available for the students of this university.