Welcome to Ignou Research Degree Programmes M.Phil/Phd Admission January 2014 Section. You will find here Ignou Research Degree Programmes Admission Schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure and Procedure for Application etc. online.
Admission Schedule/Entrance Exam
The Schedule of Admission for Research Degree Programmes (MPhil/PhD) for January 2014 Cycle is given here under:
- Last date for receipt of filled-in Application Form at IGNOU, New Delhi: 08th August 2013
- Date of Entrance Examination: ENTEX-01: 08th September 2013
- Interviews/Presentations: To be informed by the Disciplines
Who can Apply for Admission?
- A candidate seeking registration in the Research Degree Programmes (MPhil/PhD) must hold a Master’s Degree in the relevant Discipline/Areas or other equivalent qualification.
- The candidate should have secured at least 55% marks in the Master’s Degree (50% for Reserved Category).
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announces admission to Research Degree Programmes in the Disciplines listed herein for January 2014 Cycle:
Research Programmes on Offer: January 2014 Cycle
|Sl. No.||Name of the School||Discipline on Offer|
|School of Agriculture (SOA)||Agriculture Extension (PhD)
Dairy Science and Technology (PhD)
|School of Continuing Education (SOCE)||Food and Nutrition (PhD) Child Development (PhD) Rural Development (PhD)|
|School of Education (SOE)||Education (PhD)|
|School of Extension and Development
|Extension and Development Studies (PhD)|
|School of Gender and Development Studies
|Gender and Development Studies (PhD)
Women’s Studies (PhD)
|School of Humanities (SOH)||Hindi (PhD)|
|School of Management Studies (SOMS)||Commerce (MPhil/PhD)|
|School of Science (SOS)||Bio-Chemistry (PhD) Geography (PhD) Life Sciences (PhD) Physics (PhD) Geology (PhD) Statistics (PhD) Mathematics (PhD)|
|Staff Training and Research Institute of
Distance Education (STRIDE)
|Distance Education (MPhil/PhD)|
|10.||School of Vocational Education and Training
|Vocational Education (PhD)|
Programme Fees & Duration
The PhD Programme Fee is Rs. 7,000/- per annum for 2 years. MPhil candidates are to pay one-time fee of Rs. 10,500/- which is inclusive of the Course Fee. Individual Disciplines may assign course work for PhD candidates for which additional fee may be charged (The fee as stated above is subject to revision as decided by the University from time-to-time).
The maximum duration of the PhD Programme is 5 years and that of the MPhil programme is 4 years.
The University selects candidates in MPhil/PhD Programme through the following procedure:
- The ENTEX-01: Entrance Examination conducted on all-India basis at examination centers located in various regions. Candidates with only Post-graduate Qualification (with a minimum of 55% marks in the Master’s Degree/50% for Reserved Categories) will have to appear in ENTEX-01. In addition, select Disciplines may prescribe Entrance Examination for all the candidates even if they have additional qualifications. Please see the List of MPhil/PhD Programmes given in the Application Form & Instructions for further details on Discipline specific selection procedure.
- The ENTEX-01 will be organized at Examination Centers in various regions.The list of Examination Centers in different regions is given in Appendix-II of Application Form & Instructions. The candidates are advised to mention the Centre Code carefully in the Application Form.
- Candidates qualifying in the Entrance Examination will have to appear in an Interview at IGNOU Headquarters. The Interview will be organized at a date announced by the concerned Discipline.
- Candidates holding Master’s Degree with 55% (50% for Reserved Category) and MPhil/UGC-NET/SLET/JEST of DAE/GATE of IIT or equivalent examination or have Professional/Work Experience as prescribed by the Discipline may be exempted from the Entrance Examination (details given in the List of MPhil/PhD Programmes).
- ALL APPLICANTS WILL ATTACH A RESEARCH PROPOSAL PREPARED AS PER GUIDELINES IN APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS WITHOUT WHICH THE APPLICATION IS LIABLE TO BE REJECTED. THIS CONDITION IS APPLICABLE EVEN ON CANDIDATES TAKING ENTEX-01.
N. B.: Additional eligibility conditions may be prescribed by individual Disciplines. Candidates are advised to refer these details in the links given in the Table showing List of Programmes.
Procedure for Application
- Candidates are advised to study the eligibility criteria and their entry in the Research Degree Programmes very carefully.
- The Application Form should be downloaded from the IGNOU Website. (the link is available as Research Unit or Research Degree Programmes at the bottom of the Home Page) and submitted along with a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of “IGNOU” payable at New Delhi as per instructions given in the Application Form.
- Please enclose relevant documents wherever required.
- Duly filled-in Application Forms must be sent at the following Address, so as to reach on or before 08th August 2013:
Director, Research Unit
Block-6, Room No. 18
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110 068
For further queries Applicants may contact the Research Unit on the Telephone Numbers given below:
Phone: (O) 011-29534326, 29571523/1525