JIPMER exam is organized by Jawaharlal Institute of Post – Graduate Medical Education and Research for admission in 100 seats of MBBS. Out of them, 82 are filled by the candidates who qualify the exam and rest is filled by the nominees of Indian Govt.
JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super-specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of 1500 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 32 various disciplines. Super-specialty departments of Cardiology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology & Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Hematology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M. / M.Ch. Courses. Fellowship courses are available in four disciplines. Full-time Ph.D. Programmes are available in six disciplines.
JIPMER 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years studies. The last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and Mathematics.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% mark.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45% marks.
- For SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH candidates, the minimum marks in the qualifying examination will be 40% marks.
- On-line Access to Application on JIPMER Website – March last to Last week of April
- Last date for receipt of Completed Applications: First week of May [04-05-14 4.30 pm]
- Hall Ticket/Admit Cards on Website: Mid of May [15-05-14]
- Entrance Examination: 1st June, 2014 (Sunday) [10.00 am to 12.30 pm]
- Expected date of declaration of results: on or before 09-06-2014
- Counseling: Mid of July
- Commencement of Course: Mid of August [15-07-2013]
- Close of Admission for MBBS Course: Last week of September
The applications can be downloaded in the link http://jipmer.edu.in from April. The applications are also available in the state bank of India branches across India. The applications can also be availed by sending a request through post along with demand draft for Rs.1000/-( UR/OBC Category candidates ), Rs.650/-( SC/ST/PH/applicants) which can be remitted in the form of demand draft in the favour of institute from any nationalized bank. The last date for avail of applications will be in the month of April. The exam will be conducted in June and the results will be declared in Institute website in July. The examination will be conducted across in the centres which are mentioned in the application brochure.
Hall Ticket/Admit Card:
No candidate will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she hold the Hall Ticket from the website of JIPMER. Hall tickets for the entrance examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 15.05.2014 onwards. The hall ticket will contain roll number, name, photo, signature and venue of the examination.
- New Delhi