Welcome to Madras University IDE Undergraduate Admission 2014 Section. You will find here Madras University Institute of Distance Education (IDE) Undergraduate programme B.A., B.Com, B.Sc, B.B.A., BCA, B.Lit., B.Nat, B.Music Eligibility Criteria, Admission Centres, Scholarship, Admit Card, fee sturucture for admission 2014-2014 online.
Who can Apply?/Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the First Year B.A. / B.Com. / B.Sc. / B.Nat. / B.Music. / B.Lit. / B.B.A. / B.C.A. Degree Courses is open to candidates who have passed any one of the following Examinations :
- The Pre-University Examination conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Higher Secondary Examination [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu [or] other States [or] Union Territories [or] an Examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the examination in which the candidate has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Examination (+2) or any other equilavent Examination as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.
- The Senior School Certificate Examination [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the examinations in not less then 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- The Indian School Certificate Examination [12 Years] conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination held in 1977 or thereafter, provided that they have been declared to have attained the pass standard in the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- Those who have passed the Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
- Pre-Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
- Intermediate Examination [2 years] of Andhra Pradesh, Pre-Degree Examination [2 Years] of Kerala and Pre-University Examination [2 Years] of Karnataka under the 10+2 pattern.
- Candidates who have successfully completed 12 or 13 years of education in any State in India or Abroad under 11+1 or 10+2 or 11+2 pattern, subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
- Candidates who have Passed Two Years Foundation Course Examination (as equivalent to 12th Std) of Annamalai and Madurai Kamaraj Universities after passing 10th Std and Prefoundation course examination (as equivalent to 10th Std) conducted by the Annamalai and Madurai Kamaraj Universities.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the Three Year Diploma Examinations conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai after passing 10th Standard Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the G.C.E. [Advanced Level / Principal Level] with not less than 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level with ENGLISH in the ‘O’ Level / SUBSIDIARY Level.
- Candidates holding ‘Diploma in Commercial Practice Certificate’ or Modern office practice [Three Year Course] of the Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Chennai, Government of Tamil Nadu or any other Diploma as equivalent thereto provided that they satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed in the regulations are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.Com. [Commerce] Degree Course of this University, provided they studied the Language and English paper at the Diploma level; otherwise they should study a language and English paper in the Second year B.Com degree course.
Admission Schedule/Important Dates
- LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF FILLED-IN APPLICATION FORM: 30.09.2014
Identity Card/Admit Card
Identity Card will be issued after the receipt of First Year tuition fee. The Identity Card will be valid till the completion of the course. In the event of a student discontinuing a course, the card shall become invalid for the year / years yet to be completed. Candidates are instructed to preserve their identity cards. They should note that the examination Hall Tickets will be issued by the Chief Superintendent of the Examination Centres, only on production of the identity card. The arrear candidates can use the Identity Card for obtaining Hall Tickets even though the duration of the course of study is over. If the original card is lost, a duplicate card will be issued on payment of Rs. 100/- through the designated Bank Challan and the payment endorsed Bank Challan is to be sent for this purpose together with a passport size photograph.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who pursue their studies through this Institute are eligible for reimbursement of the fees. They are also eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.500/- towards purchase of essential/prescribed books. The details in this connection can be obtained from the Director / SC / ST Special Cell, Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
- The eligible SC/ST students are directed to submit the SC/ST scholarship form during their study at IDE only and it will be accepted after the period of study at IDE on any circumstances.
- Visually impaired or otherwise physically challenged candidates, can avail themselves of the State Government Scholarship for the Disabled. The prescribed form may be obtained from the District Rehabilitation Officer in the districts concerned for reimbursement of non-refundable fees.
Further more info click here
Download online Application Form