Meenakshi Ammal dental college offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Located in the capital of Tamilnadu, Chennai, the college is dedicated to training doctors of dental medicine as expert clinicians with strong biomedical backgrounds. Meenakshi Ammal Dental College is affiliated to Meenakshi University and recognized by Dental Council of India, New Delhi.
Since its inception in 1990-1991 by Thirumathi Meenakshi Ammal, a Philanthropist. Meenakshi Ammal Dental college has been committed to excellence in education, research, patient care, and community service.
It is a constituent of Meenakshi University, from 2004 - 2005.
At Meenakshi Ammal dental college, research and teaching are complementary, producing professionals who possess the analytical capacity and the spirit of inquiry to deal with an ever-increasing knowledge base and rapid technological changes.
By treating patients in the college's teaching clinics , Meenakshi Ammal dental college students understand not just how to apply science to practice, but how to employ compassion in the treatment of human illness.
The students and faculty at Meenakshi Ammal dental college benefit to interdisciplinary teaching, research and practice.
Under the leadership of Dr. E. Munirathnam Naidu -Vice-Chancellor-Meenakshi University, Meenakshi Ammal dental college continues to move into the twentyfirst century. With a faculty of dedicated clinicians, and researchers of which many have earned solid reputations as experts in their fields. The Dental school offers a full spectrum of under graduate and post graduate speciality programs.
An outstanding roster of dental professionals, and dental specialists trained in areas such as Oral and Maxillo Facial surgery, Preventive and community dentistry, conservative dentistry and endodontics, Oral Pathology, Orthodontics and dental facial orthopedics, Prothodontics, Periodontics and Oral Medicine, help students to attain proficiency in different dental specialities.
The institution has been established to provide the faculty with leadership, expertise and support in all areas of dental education so as to ensure the highest quality in teaching. The primary goal of this institution will be pursued through a commitment to:
* Development of effective educational and assessment strategies for undergraduate and post graduate students in dentistry.
* Establishment of a staff development programme to cater for all teachers attached to the faculty.
* Provision of support in coordinating the development and implementation of integrated teaching and learning programmes.
* Encouragement of quality practice using appropriate technologies in face-to-face and mediated on and off-campus teaching and learning.
* Development and implementation of an effective evaluation strategy that will promote ongoing quality improvements in dental education.
* Encouragement of leadership and innovation in dental education.
* Development of an environment that fosters high quality research into dental education.