The Nalanda Open University is the only University in the State of Bihar meant for imparting learning exclusively through the system of distance education. The University was established in March, 1987 by an ordinance, promulgated by the Government of Bihar. Later, Nalanda Open University Act, 1995 was passes by the Bihar Legislature, replacing the Ordinance, and the University came under the authority and jurisdiction of the new Act automatically. The University is named after the famous Nalanda University of Ancient India.
Nalanda Open University (NOU) Updates:
- Nalanda Open University Intermediate of Arts (I.A.) Part 2 Exams Time Table 2013
- Nalanda Open University Intermediate of Commerce (I.Com.) Part 2 Exams Time Table 2013
- Nalanda Open University Intermediate of Science (I.Sc.) Part 2 Exams Time Table 2013
- Nalanda Open University Study Centres
- Nalanda Open University Fee Structure
- Nalanda Open University Courses 2013
- Nalanda Open University Admission Form 2013
- Nalanda Open University Results 2012
At present, the University is functioning from its camp office at Biscomaun Bhawan, 2nd and 3rd Floors, Patna 800 001. The University has established at its camp office at Patna a well equipped and fully automated modern office in an area of approximately 30,000 sq. feet, which houses an examination centre for about 550 students, a state of the art Library with about 30,000 titles and a computer laboratory of about 40 IBM Pentium-4 computers, apart from administrative offices and other infra-structures. The University is recognised by the Distance Education Council (DEC), University Grants Commission (UGC), and Ministry of HRD, Government of India for imparting education through distance mode.
The following are the minimum requirement for admission to various courses:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Course||Eligibility /Qualification||Duration of the course|
|1.||Ph.D. (Program is suspended till further order)||Post Graduation in Relevant Area*|
|2.||Master's Degree in Arts Subjects||Bachelor or equivalent Degree in any subject||2 Years|
|3.||Master's Degree in Science Subjects||Bachelor or equivalent Degree in the concerned Science subject||2 Years|
|5.||MJMC||Bachelor Degree or equivalent Degree in any subject or PGDJMC||
|6.||MCA||BCA/ B.Sc.(Computer Science) or Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics as subject + Certificate in Computing||3 Years|
|7.||Master's Degree in Commerce||Bachelor's Degree in Commerce||
|8.||P.G.Diploma Courses||Bachelor's Degree or equivalent*||
|9.||B.Ed Courses||Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 45% marks at graduate level plus 2 Years teaching experience||2 Years|
|10.||BLIS||Bachelor Degree or equivalent*||
|11.||Bachelor's Degree in Arts Subjects||Intermediate in any stream||3 Years|
|12.||Bachelor's Degree in Science Subjects||Intermediate in Science||3 Years|
|13.||Bachelor's Degree Courses (B.Com)||Intermediate in any stream||
|14.||BCA||Intermediate with Maths or I.A with Certificate in Computing||
|15.||Intermediate||Matriculation or Equivalent||
|16.||Certificate Courses||Matriculation or Intermediate as per requirement of each programme||
Note : Only such degrees and certificates will be considered as equivalent which have been recognized as such by the Academic Council of the Nalanda Open University
Any eligible person can apply for admission in one of the courses of his choice, offered by the University. The admission form (Annexure-A) and prospectus may be obtained through Demand Draft of Rs. 300.00 from the sales counters of the University or by sending the demand draft of Rs.350.00 by registered post, drawn in favour of Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna. No money order or postal order is accepted. The demand draft must be made in the name of Nalanda Open University payable at Patna. The sales counters of the University function on all working days from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM. The admission form, supported by the photo copy of the following documents, must reach the Registrar, Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor, Biscoumann Bhawan, Patna 800 001, Bihar, before the last date for submission of form, either personally or by registered post.
Document required with the admission form :
- Attested Photocopy of the mark sheet of the qualifying examination, which has been prescribed as eligibility condition by the University for getting admission in the desired course and Attested certificate of marticulation for proof of age.
- Attested Caste certificate, issued by DM/DC/SDO or any other person authorised to issue such Certificate for SC/ST/BC/OBC candidates, seeking admission on reserved quota.
- Candidates, applying for B.Ed. course, must deposit all prescribed documents along with the admission form, as per requirement of that course which shall be intimated to them separately.