Education is one of the most important necessities for survival of human being. Nowadays, no human can progress and lead a successful life without having education. It does not matter in which field you pursue your education, as long as you make best use of it in earning the living. Every industry requires trained and educated manpower to carry out the all the functions related to business. Therefore, it is mandatory to obtain education at least to the higher secondary level, to be able to procure a decent living standard.
Schedule of Submission of NIOS TMA October/November 2014
All TMA are required to be submitted by learners at the allotted study centre (AI). Evaluation has to be made by the staff of Study Centre (AI).
Submission of awards to RC (Online): 30th August, 2014
Submission of awards to RC (Hard Copy/Offline): 10th September, 2014
Procedure for On-line Admission
NIOS has introduced 100% On-line admission in order to facilitate learners in registering themselves with it.
Under this scheme, learners have four options :
(i) They can register themselves On-line directly by following the procedure laid down.
(ii) They may visit their nearest AI (study centre)/Facilitation Centre and take their help for On-line registration.
(iii) They may visit their Regional Centre of NIOS and take help for on line-registration.
(iv) They can visit Common Services Centres of Ministry of Information and Technology, Govt. of India.
There are four streams of On-line admission catering to the learners with different needs. The admissions in these four streams are mutually exclusive i.e., learner can only opt for one of them.
Government of India has established one open organization for all disadvantaged and under-privileged people who are deprived of education. It is known as National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). It is a pioneering organization in the field of secondary and higher secondary education, established by Ministry of Human Development Resource. It has been launched in 1989, with an aim to provide inexpensive and qualitative education to the masses. It operates separately from the Government authorities, though they monitor the work from time to time. The institute focuses on offering a variety of courses in vocational or academic streams under pre-degree level. It proudly boasts of 350,000 students enrolling each year. It is supposedly largest open schooling institute in the world till date.
Any student, desiring an open education at secondary and senior secondary level, can apply for the courses at NIOS. There are some administrative procedures he has to accomplish before obtaining admission in the institute. These procedures can be completed online through NIOS website. There are minimal fees you have to pay to get yourself enrolled for the courses. The examination fees can be paid at the time of registration. The students who do not have access to the Internet facilities, can visit a regional office and procure a prospectus for further information. Admissions for year 2013 are available till 31st August, 2013.
The National Institute for Open Schooling is carving a niche in the field of education. It is an ideal system providing superior quality education to the remote classes.
Specialties of NIOS
The institute offers courses for secondary and higher secondary education. Along with these courses, it also offers life skills enrichment programs and vocational training which will be helpful for the student to earn quick employment. It has flexible schedule for obtaining teaching units. The examinations are held twice in a year around May and October respectively. Thus, one can complete the selected course according to his schedule. The organization also offers developed and well-designed course material which provides right direction to the studies.
Authorities and Faculties:
The chairmanship of the institute has been awarded to Dr. S.S. Jena, who is expert in the field of education. There are three directors and four joint directors who handle the administration, evaluation and technical departments. There are well-trained and expert faculties to offer teaching in their subsequent fields. Apart from large teaching units, the institute tries to accumulate newly-developed techniques and instruments to improve the quality of education. The regional centers for NIOS are spread all over India, covering most remote parts and also metropolitans.
- There are no Agencies/Cybercafe/any other institutions recognised by NIOS for Doing Online Admission.
- You can take Admission yourself on the Internet without involving any middle man and without paying any extra amount to such middle man. You can take up help of your friends or family members in filling the online application form. You may visit your nearest Accredited Institution (AI) (Study Centre)/ CSC (Common Service Centre)/Facilitation centre or NIOS Regional Centre for Online Registration.
- The Study Material will be delivered to you at your address provided by you during the Registration free of cost. Do not accept any VPP Parcel from anybody.
Online Admission procedure:
In order to facilitate admission, provision of on-line admission throughout the year 24x7 has been made.
Follow the following procedure to get admission online in NIOS:
- Log onto NIOS web site www.nios.ac.in.
- Click the Online Admission. A main page will appear with information on four streams of online admission – its eligibility and details regarding last date etc.
- Then you can select one of the streams depending upon your requirement.
- Then appears the Login page of online admission.
- In order to take online admission, the student is required to register with NIOS web site, for this the student should have a valid and functional e-mail id and a password for NIOS online admission.
- If you are doing it for the first time then you will have to create a password for the system for which you click the button “click here to register”
- Upon Clicking this will appear the register page where you enter your existing, valid and functional email-id.
- After that you again have to come to the login page where now you will enter the same e-mail id and password which you enter in the register page.
- After due validation of your email id and password, the blank application form will appear before you.
- Now you can start filling the form. The first step is to upload your photograph. For this you have to have a .jpg file for your passport size photograph ready with you. Secondly as per the fee structure you should also be ready with the bank draft in favour of Secretary, NIOS payable at respective Regional Centre FOR Stream 1 and 2 (Except for Foreign students and students belonging to 56 & 99 APO of stream 1 and Students of Delhi Region for stream 2). For Stream 3 & 4 payable at Delhi/Noida of requisite amount as per the fee structure given in the information page. However, the payment can be made through any credit card (Master/Visa) or Debit Card (only VISA of Selected Bank)
- Next step is to fill up the complete form. Just paste the Photograph on the Print out of the filled in application form. Most of the required information is taken from the list box and you have to just select one of them. On the print out of the Form just paste your photograph and send it.
- Followed by Selection of the 3 A.I. (Study Centre) from a drop down menu as option from the State and District in the address column. Make sure that you fill the correct address as per the address proof submitted by you
- After completion of the form, click “next” button, this will bring the pre-view of your filled up form where you can check whether all entries are correct or not. If you find anything to be corrected then click the “Edit” button appearing at the end of your application. This will enable you to make changes in your application and then you click “Next” button again.
- Again your application will appear in the pre-view mode and then seeing all entries correct click the “Payment Page”
- Then the payment page appears on the screen where you need to fill up the bank draft details or credit card details and then click the “Payment through bank draft” or "Credit card"
- In response to the submission an Acknowledgement Receipt appears on the screen indicating your unique Reference Number, your personal details, fees details, etc. This receipt is also sent to your email id for which you can check your email.
- Then you can click the “Print the Application” button and take print out of the filled in application form and send it to the address mentioned at the Address slip along with the bank draft (Mention your Reference No. and Name at the back of the Bank Draft) and required documents.
And with this, you are done with ONLINE admission process.
On-line Admission for all learners (Stream I): This stream for On-line Admission is open for all the learners as per the laid down eligibility criteria for the Secondary and the Senior Secondary courses. The dates for Online Admission for stream-I throughout the year (24×7) from the admission session 2014-15 and onwards are as follows:
|Block for OnlineAdmission||Dates of Online Admission||Fee||Examination in which the students can appear
16th March - 31 July 2014
1 August - 15th August 2014
16th August - 31 August 2014
1 September - 15th September 2014
|without late fee
with late fee of Rs. 200/- with late fee of Rs. 400/- with late fee of Rs. 700/-
16th September 2014 - 31 January 2015
1 February - 15th February 2015
16th February - 28th February 2015
1 March - 15th March 2015
|Without late fee
with late fee of Rs. 200/- with late fee of Rs. 400/-
with late fee of Rs. 700/-
Learners seeking admission through On-line under Stream-I will be attached to the AI (Study Centre) as opted by them at the time of admission and will be eligible for TOC.
On-line Admissions for learners who want to appear in October-November, 2014 examinations (Stream II): This stream for On-line admission is open from 20.05.2014 to 20.07.2014 for all those learners who had appeared but could not clear or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of Secondary/Senior Secondary Levels from any recognised Examination Board for the same subjects combination in which they had appeared.
On-line Admission for learners who want to appear under the On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Secondary Level (Stream III): This stream for On-line admission is open throughout the year for those learners who have already passed Secondary from recognised Board and want to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their qualification, or learners who had appeared but could not clear, or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of Secondary level from any recognised Board and want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS for Secondary level only.
On-line Admission for learners who want to appear in On Demand Examination System (ODES) of NIOS for Senior Secondary level (Stream IV): This stream for On-line admission is open throughout the year for those learners who have already passed Senior Secondary or above from any recognized Board/University and want to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their qualification; or learners who had appeared but could not clear; or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public examination of Senior Secondary level from any recognized Board in the same subject combination in which they had appeared and want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS at Senior Secondary level.
Procedure for On-line Admission directly by learners
The procedure for On-line Admission for all above four streams is as follows :
- Log on to NIOS website wwwnios.ac.in
- Complete the information about online Admission/Examination including the fees details and its submission is displayed.
- Learner registers himself with NIOS website by submitting an e-mail ID and password.
- Access/display of Online Admission Form and filling-up of the Admission Form and attaching the image of the student’s photograph as indicated.
- Mention correct postal address where I-card, Self Learning Material etc., could be delivered by NIOS.
There is an application form available on the website. Download a copy of the form, fill all the necessary details and post it to the following address with the demand draft:
National Institute of Open Schooling
Sector - 62,
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201 309