The Department of School Education, Government of Punjab has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PSTET) to SCERT, Punjab for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for Classes I to VII. SCERT, Punjab invites applications for PSTET to be conducted on 10th August, 2014 (Sunday).
|S.No.||Activity||Date of Activity|
|1||Online registration process Start||07-JUL-2014(10:00 AM) to 18-JUL-2014 (Upto 05:00 PM)|
|2||Deposit of Fee (in bank)
For general category Rs.600/-, SC/ST category / Differently Abled Rs.300/-, for Ex-serviceman (Self) - NIL (for each test)
|07-JUL-2014 to 19-JUL-2014 (Upto bank time)
07-JUL-2014 to 19-JUL-2014 (through debit/credit card)
|3||Last Date of Form Receiving
Forms Received after 24-JUL-2014 will not be entertained
|4||Uploading of Admit Card (online)||30-JUL-2014 (8 pm onwards)|
|5||Conduct of written Examination
PSTET-I (Morning) & PSTET-II (Evening)
The candidates having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for Appearing in PSTET.
Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage):
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Minimum Educational Qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
Steps: How to Apply?
STEP-1: ON-LINE REGISTRATION
The eligible candidates shall apply on-line for the PSTET-I or PSTET-II or Both, at the website www.tetpunjab.com. It is suggested to candidates to carry recent testimonials, scanned photograph & signature with him/her while applying on-line, so that right information may be entered. The candidates who are interested for both PSTET-I & PSTET-II, have no need to apply separately, only single registration is sufficient. The candidates are advised to fill information carefully because after successful registration the editing regarding category/test selection/optional subject in PSTET-I or PSTET-II is not possible.
STEP-2: UPLOADING OF PHOTO AND SIGNATURE
It is mandatory for candidates to upload their recent colored passport size photograph and signature on the panel to complete the registration process successfully. Printing of confirmation page is not possible without uploading the photograph and signature. The photograph and signature must be less than 1MB in size.
STEP-3: PRINTING OF BANK CHALLAN
After successful registration the candidate will opt the bank where he/she interested to deposit the examination fee and will take the print of bank challan (two copies-one for candidate & one for bank). After taking the print of challan, the candidate shall approach the concerned bank to deposit the fee. Candidate can also deposit the fee through credit card.
STEP-4: CONFIRMATION OF EXAMINATION FEE
After 48 hours of deposition of the examination fees in the bank, the fee status will be updated in candidate's login and then the candidate can proceed for printing of confirmation page by visiting the website www.tetpunjab.com and by logging his/her account.
STEP-5: DISPATCHING OF CONFIRMATION PAGE
The candidate signs the Confirmation Page at the specified place. The candidate must keep a photocopy of the Confirmation Page for use as reference for future correspondence. The Confirmation Page must be dispatched in an Envelope of size 12 x 9 and paste address slip on the envelope superscribing APPLICATION FOR PSTET at Post Box No.1828,Post Office Sector 62, Mohali (Punjab) PIN 160062 through ordinary post only.
STEP-6: PRINTING OF ADMIT CARD
The candidate will take the print out of admit card for PSTET-I and PSTET-II separately, affix recent photo on it and get it attested from any Gazetted Officer, ensuring clear display of the face, on the basis of which he/she will be allowed to enter in the examination hall.
STEP-7: WRITTEN EXAMINATION
While appearing for the written examination, candidate must have the admit card separately for PSTET-I and PSTET-II (which is applicable) alongwith photo I-card in the form of Driving License/ Passport/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Aadhar Card, ensuring clear display of the face. During written examination, the thumb impression of candidate may be taken on OMR sheet and which may be compared at the time of issuing of certificate.
Answer keys shall be made available to the candidates on the website within two days after the conducting the examination, so that the candidates can evaluate themselves. The actual result will be displayed on website as per mentioned dates.
- If any candidate feels any difficulty in applying for PSTET-2014, may take the help from the helpline (phone numbers 1860-180-1814(TOLL FREE) from Monday to Saturday at 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Support Center facility is also available to the candidates and the students may get their solutions.
- Candidates are advised to keep their application number and password secret. Do not disclose this information with any others, so that nobody can change your profile.
- Only those candidates are allow to sit in the examination, who have deposited the examination fee and who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Appearing in the written examination does not justify the eligibility of candidate. If a candidate qualifies the PSTET-2014, but the information provided by him/her is found incorrect, then certificate will not be issued to such candidates and the legal action will taken against such candidates.
- There will be NO NEGATIVE MARKING. Each right answer will carry one mark.
- Candidates should bring with them BLUE or BLACK Ball Pens only. Books, written notes, calculator, mobile phones and other electronic devices etc. will not be permitted to be carried in the examination hall.
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & II|
|General / BC / OBC Category||Rs. 500 /- (Five hundred)||Rs. 1000 /- (One Thousand)|
|SC / ST Category / Differently Abled||Rs. 300 /- (Three hundred )||Rs. 600 /- (Six hundred)|
Fee Payment Mode
- Payment through Challan
- Cash Deposit in AXIS Bank
- Online payment through Credit / Debit Card
STRUCTURE AND CONTENT OF PSTET
All questions in PSTET test will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking.
There will be two papers of PSTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes I to V.
(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intents to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Duration of examination:
In accordance with NCTE Circular No.76-4/2010/NCTE/Acad dated 11.02.2011 regarding Guidelines for conduct of Teacher Eligibility Test, the time duration for Paper-I & Paper-II, has been mentioned as 1.30 hours in TET.
The NCTE vide letter No.F.76-1/2011/NCTE/Acad, dated 9th April, 2014, has increased the time duration for TET Examination from 1.30 hours to 2.30 hours for a period of six months or till the report of the committee for this purpose, is submitted and a decision is taken thereon, whichever is earlier. Accordingly, as per the aforesaid NCTE Notification regarding extension of time duration to complete TET will be subject to the above mentioned condition/ decision.
Paper I (for classes I to V); No. of MCQs 150
Structure and Content (All Compulsory)
(i) Child Development and Pedagogy 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(ii) Language I 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(iii) Language II 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(iv) Mathematics 30 MCQs 30 Marks
(v) Environmental Studies 30 MCQs 30 Marks
Total 150 MCQ 150 Marks
Nature and standard of questions:
- The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The Test items for Language-I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction, (as chosen from list of prescribed language options in the application form).
- The Language-II will be from among the prescribed options other than Language-I. A candidate may choose any one language from the available language options and will be required to specify the same in the application form. The test items in language II will also focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- The test items in Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of the subjects. In all these subject areas, the test items will be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for classes: IV, by the Punjab State Government/SCERT.
- The questions in the tests for Paper I will be based on the topics prescribed for classes: IV, but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be up to the secondary stage.
Paper II (for classes VI to VIII): No. of MCQs 150
Structure and Content:
(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory) 30MCQs 30Marks
(ii) Language-I (compulsory) 30MCQs 30Marks
(iii) Language-II (compulsory) 30 MCQs 30Marks
(iv) (a) For Mathematics and Science teacher:
Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60Marks
(b) For Social Studies/Social Science Teacher:
Social Science 60 MCQs 60Marks
(c) For any other teacher - either (a) or (b)
- The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, relevant to the age group 11-14 years. They will focus on understanding the characteristics, needs and psychology of diverse learners, interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
- The test items for Language-I will focus on the proficiency related to the medium of instruction, as chosen from list of prescribed options in the application form.
- The Language-II will be a language other than Language-I. A candidate may choose any one language from among the available options and as in the specified list in the application form and attempt questions in the one indicated by the candidate in the application form by him. The Test items in Language-II will also focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities.
- The test items in Mathematics and Science, and Social Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects. The test items of Mathematics and Science will be of 30 marks each. The test items will be evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject as prescribed for classes VI-VIII by the Punjab State Government/SCERT.
- The questions in the tests for Paper II will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus of the Punjab State for classes VI-VIII but their difficulty standard as well as linkages could be up to the senior secondary stage.
A person who scores 60% or more in the PSTET exam will be considered as PSTET pass.
- Punjab Govt., as decided to give concession of 5% in PSTET to the persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy;
- This weightage to the PSTET scores in the recruitment process; however, qualifying the PSTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
The PSTET shall apply to the Schools owned and managed by the Punjab State Government/Local Bodies and aided school.
PSTET may also apply to the unaided private schools who may exercise the option of considering the PSTET