The history of the Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (BSER) is a remarkable panorama of progressive record of the futurological vision for developing a dynamic system of various sub-systems of examinations and highlights of the academic excellence of the last four decades. The BSER took rapid strides for promotion and development of Secondary Education in Rajasthan, spread over 3,42,239 sq. km. and in more than 6000 schools located in 32 districts involving 8.5 lakhs students for Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination in the year 2000.
With the promulgation of the Rajasthan Secondary Education Act in 1957, this Board was set up in Jaipur on 4th Dec, 1957. It was shifted to Ajmer in 1961. In the year 1973 it began functioning in its present multistoried building with an enchanting dignity of its own with all amenities.
At present the Board is conducting the following examinations:-
- Secondary School Examination (+10)
- Senior Secondary Examination (10+2)(Arts / Science / Commerce/ Fine Arts)
- Praveshika Pariksha (+10) ( Sanskrit Shiksha)
- Varishtha Upadhayay Parisksha (10+2)(Sanskrit Shiksha)
- Science talent search examination. ( State level ) Regular