SASTRA UNIVERSITY- B.A., Astrology / M.A., Astrology

Humanity has always turned to excellence as a flower turns towards the sun. Quality thus perceived, is an abiding interest in, and a desire to develop, whatever is regarded as excellent in Arts, scholarly pursuits of Sciences, Engineering, Technology, and Humanities. The need to educate and train young men and women, to hone them into professionally competent, rounded personalities has been a burning passion. It was Richard Mulcaster of Elizabethan England who declared: “It is not a mind, not a body that we have to cultivate, but a man, and we cannot divide him”.

SASTRA University, committed to excellence, with a holistic approach has consistently maintained the highest standards in “a man-making education” in the immortal words of Swami Vivekananda which can only be ensured by quality teaching of the finest calibre. SASTRA believe in Tagorean concept of “The Home and the World”, keeping in mind, the vital importance of empowering women, by giving them their rightful place in national development

Admissions to all programmes are strictly based on merit. For B. Tech. programmes 70% of the total seats are filled by SASTRA based on the qualifying higher secondary examination marks following the process of normalization. To bring all candidates from different examining authorities or boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, higher secondary examination marks are normalized. The first rank student in each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate marks of all other students of the board are normalized with reference to that of the first ranked student. For example, if the first rank is 97% and an applicant's aggregate is 90% then the applicant's normalized percentage is 92.78 (90/97 x 100). A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions. Admissions for students from the vocational stream to the respective B. Tech. programme are done from within the same category of applicants. The remaining 30% of the seats are filled by MHRD based on the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) ranks as SASTRA has volunteered to offer seats to AIEEE qualified candidates. Applications are called for in leading dailies and through SASTRA website for the 70% of the seats filled by SASTRA counseling and the publicity for the remaining 30% of the seats is provided by CBSE.

For all PG programmes the admissions are made on the basis of the scores in the qualifying UG / PG degree programme. GATE qualified students are given preference. For all other UG arts & science programmes, admissions are based on the qualifying examination marks.

Courses offered
B.Tech Bioengineering
B.Tech. Bioinformatics
B.Tech. Biotechnology
B.Tech. Chemical Engineering
B.Tech. Civil Engineering
B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
B.Tech. Information & Communication Technology
B.Tech. Information Technology
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech. Mechatronics (Jointly with M/s Brakes India Ltd.,)
B.Tech. Programmes in all the above thro' Lateral Entry (II yr.)
M.Tech Industrial Biotechnology (Integrated Course)
M.Tech Healthcare Nanotechnology (5 - year Integrated)

Astrology Application-sastra.pdf51.72 KB
Institute Details
Established in: 
Fee Amount: 
Affiliated to: 
B.A., Astrology / M.A., Astrology
Regular Course
Fee Structure: 
0 - 2 lacs
Kind of courses: 
Post Graduation
Available Courses: 
How to reach
Email id:
Phone Numbers: 
+91 4362264101 - 108, 304000 - 010
Contact Person: 
SASTRA UNIVERSITY Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy Tirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur - 613402. Tamil Nadu, India
Other Details
Student Activity clubs: 
Placement Amount: 
Last Qualification Percentage: 
50 - 60 %


I would like to know if your college is having MA astrology course in distance education. I am staying in Madurai and have put in 16 years of service in public sector undertaking. Basic graduation is BSc Maths

I would like to do a course in Astrology and I came to know about the one in your esteemed University.
I have an MBA in HR and a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. I have the passion to learn astrology but the subject is new to me.
I kindly request you to advise me if I should pursue BA or MA. Does a direct MA will also give me ample knowlege ofnthe basics of astrology?

I came to know about the fee structure for MA from the website, however there is no information on the fee structure for BA. Please provide it .

Iam working in Bangalore and staying in Hosur, so I will not be able to attend any classes.

Kindly reply me at the earliest with all the above requested details.
Your's truly,
Dhiraj Krishnan

Post new comment