ABOUT THE CELL:
The training and placement cell of the college is very effectively engaged in developing the students in all needed skills and placing in top companies. Students are also apprised on continuous basis through seminar and workshops etc. about higher learning opportunities in India and abroad. Right from fourth semester onwards regular training is conducted on total personality development and personal grooming of the students. Minimum 35 to 40 top companies visit to the college every year between 90% to 100% students are placed. The placement covers all branches equally including non IT branches Mechanical, Civil, IEM, Biotechnology etc and good number of non IT companies also visit to college on continuous basis along with IT companies. The training and placement of the college is headed by an MBA(HR) qualified training placement officer with 28 years of experience on HR/HRD related activities tasks.
For organizing campus recruitment or placement related activities, contact:
Prof. S. H. Khan,
Training & Placement Officer,
Training and Placement Cell.
Direct Phone: 65679740
Mobile Phone: 9972578906
Office Phone: 080-28467248, 28477024/25/26 (extn.132)
Residence Phone: 080-23416415, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Prof.SHK@gmail.com
* Orientation programmes for First Semester students.
* Semester-wise training programme in Personal Grooming and Total Personality Development.
* Extensive training programme under focused attention scheme for Pre-final and Final Semester students.
* Conducting Mock/Simulated exercises on continuous basis for Pre-final and Final Semester students in Aptitude, Technical Skills and HR interviews.
* Company-specific training on the format of the interview, viz. Aptitude, Group Discussion and General/Technical interview.
* Batch-wise counseling of students on career-related problems on daily basis.
* Pre-placement training for PG students (MBA, MCA, M.Tech.) in needed skills, leadership and managerial styles.
* Conduct of seminars on Personality Development and on Higher Educational Prospects on regular basis by inviting eminent consultants from reputed agencies.
TRAINING PROGRAMME ORGANISED BY TRAINING & PLACEMENT CELL FOR GROOMING OF STUDENTS & PREPARING THEM FOR CAMPUS INTERVIEWS:
7 PHASED TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR ENGINEERING, MCA & MBA students
* Parameters of competency / competency segments.
* Concept of Total personality development.
* Bridging gaps between company expectations& academic learning.
* Developing verbal & non-verbal communication skills.
* Developing self esteem & confidence building skills.
* Developing emotional intelligence & interpersonal skills.
* Managerial & leadership skills.
* Development of positive attitude.
* Development of meaningful perceptions.
* Value additions for self & the organizations. Invent your own superlatives.
* Overcoming inferiority & superiority syndromes & hesitant approaches.
* Tips for conducting well in-group interactive sessions.
* Importance of Successful counseling & mentoring for professionals. Motivational & moral Boosting measures.
* Mock / simulated exercises
* In basket Training
Formulated & conducted by:
--PROF S H KHAN -M. Sc, MBA, SDHRM, PGDPM & IR
Training & placement officer
SIR M VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
WORK SHOP ORGANISED BY TRAINING & PLACEMENT CELL
DATE THEME CONDUCTING AGENCY TARGET STUDENTS
16TH & 17TH JAN 2007 ‘ADEPT’ BEHAVIOURAL WORKSHOP CARITOR INDIA PVT LTD 63 final year students placed in Caritor. ( 01 hour programme on 16th Jan-07 was open to pre final students also.)
‘FAST FORWARD’ WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD 98 final year students placed in Wipro Technologies
‘INNOVATE’ WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD Top two performers from 5th & 3rd Semester from all branches
6-3-2007 Nurturing leadership within you CARITOR ( Mr Rajasekharan- senior vice president) 62 students from 2008 batch with 75% & above & 8 faculty members drawn across all the branches including college Manager
21-3-07 College to corporate((C2C)- An open forum COGNIZANT Technologies 62 students placed in cognizant from 2007 batch
28th & 29th March 07 Adept behavioural workshop phase -2 CARITOR In respect of 63 caritor placed students of 2007 batch
The workshop was conducted by eminent Trainers & the same was widely lauded by the students.
Compensation package (Per Annum) in respect of some of the top companies which visited to college for campus recruitment:
* D E SHAW INDIA SOFTWARE PVT LTD : 09 LAKHS
* DELL IT INTERNATIONAL INDIA LTD : 04 LAKHS
* MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES INDIA PVT LTD : 3.80 LAKHS
* ADITI TECHNOLOGIES : 3.60 LAKHS
* TESCO INDIA PVT LTD : 3.50 LAKHS
* CERNER HEALTH CARE INDIA PVT LTD : 3.15 LAKHS
* CSC INDIA PVT LTD : 3.33 LAKHS
* MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA : 03 LAKHS
* ICICI PRUDENTIAL LIFE COMPANY LTD : 3.50 LAKHS
Campus recruitment of 2009 batch students:
SLOW DOWN / RECESSION?
BUT SIR MVIT IS ROCKING IN PLACEMENT OF 2009 BATCH!
TO QUOTE A FEW:
* INFOSYS PICKED UP: 187
* COGNIZANT : 147
* WIPRO : 88
* ACCENTURE : 67
564 OFFERS ISSUED BY 13 TOP COMPANIES IN JUST O1 MONTH!
EXCELLENT RECORD IN KARNATAKA!
35 Companies are yet to visit (16th Aug TO 30th Oct 08). Hopefully many more records will be created in the above duration.
1. Dr. Viresh K. Basalalli : Director
2. Dr. M.S. Indira : Principal
3. Prof. R.H. Nagabhushan : Dean
4. Dr. Gopinatha Gargesa : HOD, Mechanical Engg.
5. Prof. Dilip K. Sen : HOD, Computer Science & Engg.
6. Dr. H.G. Nagendra : HOD, Biotechnology
7. Prof. M.R. Jayaram : HOD, MBA
8. Dr. J.P. Pichamuthu : HOD, Electronics & Communication Engg.
9. Dr. G.M. Krishnaiah : HOD, Chemistry
10. Prof. S.H. Khan : Training & Placement Officer
11. Sri D. Ganesh : HOD, MCA
12. Sri Sasikumar : HOD, Physics
13. Sri K.P. Kubera : Librarian
14. Sri V.M. Subramani Raju : Manager
Last Qualification Percentage: