Welcome to UGC NET JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship June 2013 Section. All about University Grant Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship June 2013 online.
UGC NET 2013 will be held on June 30, 2013. Held by the University Grants Commission, the National Eligibility Test will be to determine the eligibility of applicants for Lectureship OR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship at the various colleges and institutions in the country. Candidates are eligible to join only those colleges in the state the candidate has opted for UGC NET 2013. Applications are online and the test will be conducted at 79 centres in the country.
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 30th June, 2013 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
- Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee: April 30, 2013
- Last date of Fee submission via SBI Bank Challan: May 2, 2013
- Last date for reprint of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card : May 05, 2013
- Last date for receipt of printout of online Application Form and Attendance Slip at the chosen Coordinating University: May 08, 2013
Number of Question
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 NOON)|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from UGC recognised universities/institutions in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science (50% for SC/ST/PWD)
- Final year students are also eligible provided they pass their PG exam with the requisite percentage with two years of the NET results
- Ph.D students who have completed their PG before Deptember 19, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks criteria
- Note: Candidates would benefit by appearing in the subject of their PG course. Students may opt for related fields if their subject is not covered in the list specified by the UGC
- Age Limit: Candidates should not be more than 28 years as on June 1, 2013.
- 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/ PWD/OBC AND women candidates)
- Candidates having research experience in the relevant subject of the PG degree are also eligible for age relaxation of a maximum of 5 years
- L.L.M. Degree holders are allowed age relaxation of upto 3 years
- Note: Total age relaxation will not be more than 5 years
- There is no upper age limit
- Candidates aspiring for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions must qualify in NET/SLET/SET.
- Ph.D holders are exempted from the NET/SLET/SET eligibility crieteria.
- Candidates who have qualified in the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted from appearing in NET
- Candidates who have qualified in the State Eligibility Test (SET) prior to June 2002 are exempted from NET and can apply across colleges in India.
- Candidates who have appeared in SET after June 2002 can apply only to the universities/ colleges in the state where they have cleared their exam from.
How to Apply Online:
i) Candidate seeking admission to the Test (UGC-NET, June,2013) must apply online (i.e. ugcnetonline.in OR through a link available on the UGC website).
ii) Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the Scanned passport size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb.
iii) After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the computer will automatically generate your ‘Bank Challan’ indicating your details therein A print out of this Bank Challan may be taken by the candidate for payment through cash, on the next working day (after generating the challan from ugcnetonline.in) at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) alongwith bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-
iv) Two days after the payment of fee at SBI through filled Bank Challan, the candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at UGC website and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
v) SC/ST/PWD candidates and candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) (as per the Central list of OBC available on website ) must enclose the attested copy of certificate for the same.
vi) Candidates seeking age relaxation must enclose the certificate of educational qualification/research experience entitling the candidates for age relaxation. (for details, please see item no. 4).
vii) The Application (consisting of one copy of printout of online application form and one copy of Attendance Slip) along with bank challan and other required documents (as mentioned in item No. 13) must reach the Registrar/Principal of the Coordinating University/College on or before 08.05.2013.
viii) The candidates should retain the print out of online Admission card with them and will bring it on the day of examination after affixing the identical passport size photograph. The photograph must be signed across by the candidate after affixing, so that a part of the signature spreads over the Admit Card. Besides, it should be duly attested by the Head of the University Department/ Principal of the College/ class-I Gazetted officer.
ix) It may be noted that no Admission Card will be issued by the respective NET Coordinating Universities/Colleges. Candidates are requested to ascertain their venue of the test/seating arrangement from the website of the respective NET Coordinating University/College and note it in their printout of online Admission Card at least 10 days before the Test, i.e. upto 20th June, 2013.
x) The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination.
xi) It may be pointed out that noting of seating arrangement/venue of test from the website of respective NET Coordinating Universities/Colleges will be the sole responsibility of candidate only. The NET Coordinating Universities/ Colleges will not inform to the candidate separately regarding the seating arrangement/Venue of Test.
xii) Application received after 08.05.2013 at the NET Coordinating Universities/ Colleges will not be considered.
xiii) Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on UGC website (i.e. ugcnetonline.in OR through a link available on the UGC website: ugc.ac.in ). Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
xiv) The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed “UGC NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP AND ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP, JUNE, 2013”.
xv) The candidates must affix their recent identical passport size photographs, at the places indicated, on the printout of Online Application Form and Attendance Slip must sign across the photograph after it is affixed so that a part of the signature spreads over the Application Form and Attendance Slip beyond the photograph. Besides, it should be duly attested by the Head of the University Department/ Principal of the College/Class-I Gazetted Officer.
xvi) In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. UGC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
EXAMINATION FEE :
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website :)||Rs.225/-|
Mode of Payment:
|The candidate is to fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, UGC Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification.|
|»||All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of State Bank of India along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-.|
|»||The bank will retain its copy and return the other two copies of the challan to the candidate.|
|»||The candidate has to attach the UGC copy of the challan with the printout of online Application Form which he/she has to submit to the Registrar/Principal of UGC-NET Coordinating University/College opted by the candidate.|
|»||Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.|
|»||Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.|
- Click here to apply online
- Candidateshave to register a valid email ID along with their name to register
- Once the Registration is complete, candidates can login using the Email ID and the chosen password.
- They will have to chose the "Apply for UGC NET" link and enter all details and submit them
- A passport (PP) size photograph in JPEG format (size 206 X 240 pixel & less than 300kb) should be uploaded along with the details
- Submit the details and print the generated SBI Bank Challan
- Candidates can pay the examination fees in cash at the nearest branch of SBI using the printed Challan after on day from submission of application and printing Challan.
- Important: Candidates have to note the reference number generated after submission of application form for future reference