Welcome to UGC Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2013 for single girl child Section. You will find here information on University Grant Commission (UGC) Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2013 for single girl child Eligibility Criteria, Documents, Procedure online.
The girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother.
In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their families.
Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Age: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Nature of Assistance available under the Scheme
- The number of slots for scholarships available under the schemes are 1200 per year
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- The value of Scholarship is Rs.2,000/- p.m for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
- No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Procedure for Monitoring
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions will submit a certificate of completion of the post graduate course in respect of each student availing this scheme.
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions will submit their utilization certificate of each student availing this scheme. The grant for second year will be released on the receipt of Utilization certificate for grant of first year.
- Students desirous of leaving the studies mid-way without completing post graduate degree will have to take prior approval from the UGC by submitting an application along with the justification through the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institution.
- Any student who discontinues the studies without prior approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount through DD drawn in favour of Secretary, UGC and concerned Institution will be responsible for this.
- No extension is permissible beyond two years.
- The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The Universities/Colleges/Institutions shall submit annual progress report of each student availing the scheme along with the utilization certificate.
Documents Required for Scholarship
- The candidate is required to submit an application prescribed format;
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University covered under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
Cancellation of Scholarship
UGC may terminate scholarship of any student in case of :
a) Misconduct of the awardees, if any, reported by the University/College/Institution.
b) Unsatisfactory progress report i.e. if the candidate scores less than 60% marks in the first year of Master’s programme (55% in case of Physically Challenged awardee)
c) Candidates being found ineligible at a later date shall face the penal action and will also be liable to refund the entire scholarship amount paid.