The Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board was initially set-up as Pre Medical Test Board by Government of Madhya Pradesh in the year 1970. Later, in the year 1981, Pre Engineering Board was constituted. Soon after, in the year 1982 both these Boards were amalgamated and named as Professional Examination Board (P.E.B.).
Professional Examination Board by Govt. Order No.1325-1717-42-82 dated 17.04.1982 has been assigned the responsibility of conducting entrance tests for admission to various colleges in the state. P.E.B. presently organizes the following entrance tests:
- MET : For entrance to MBA courses
- Pre MCA : For entrance to Master of Computer Applications
- Pre P.G. : For entrance to Post Graduate Medical & Dental degree & diploma courses
- PPT : For entrance to Polytechnic diploma courses
- PEPT & PAT : For entrance to Bachelor of Engineering, Pharmacy, Dairy, Agriculture, Forestry degree/diploma courses
- PMT : For entrance to MBBS / BDS / BVSc Degree Courses
- GNTST : For entrance to General Nursing Training (Only for girls)
- Pre B.A.,LL.B (Hons) : For entrance to National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- PAHUT : For entrance to Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Unani degree courses.
- PNST: For entrance to B.Sc. Nursing Training (Only for girls)
- SOE : For entrance to Schools of Excellence
The Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board is a self-financed, autonomous incorporated body of State Govt. The Government has re constituted the Board of Directors for taking decisions on policy and organizational matters through Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board Act. 2007.
The Board is a body corporate by the name of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board and has perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire and hold property both movable and immovable and has the power to transfer any property held by it and to contract and do all other things necessary for the its constitution and may sue or sued in its corporate name.
Role of MPPEB:
Professional Examination Board is the only institute of its kind in the Country that organizes competitive tests for entrance to various professional courses every year on a very large scale.
It is worth mentioning that only on the basis of these test one can get admission to the courses recognized by national level bodies like All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), NCTE New Delhi etc. against seats available in various institutions of the state.
Recently, the responsibility of conducting recruitment examinations for different state level posts, which are not be filled through the Public Service Commission, has also been entrusted to the Board by the State Government. To name a few, Sub Inspectors of Police (Home Department), Assistant grade III/Steno typists in General Administration Department, Rural Extension Officers in the Department of Agriculture, Training Officers in the Directorate of Employment and Training, Samvida Shikshak, MPLUN, Jail Head Quarter, Mahila Evam Bal Vikas, Controller Food & Drugs, Pollution Control and a large number of other examinations to fill up the backlog of posts in various Government departments