Welcome to YCMOU B.Com Admission 2014 Section. You will find here YCMOU Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Admission Eligibility Criteria, Registration Procedure, Fees Structure etc. online.
To provide opportunity for higher education to those people (for example farmers, businessmen, workers, housewives, artizens, those who are in service, etc) who could not complete their education earlier.
Admission Schedule/Important Dates
- Admission starts on: July 2014
- Last date for the admission at the Study Centre without late fee: 31st July 2014
- Last date for admission at the Study Centre with late fee Rs. 200/-: 1 August to 16 August 2014
- Last date for admission at the Study Centre with late fee Rs. 500/-: 17 August to 30 August 2014
- Text-books available at the Study Centre: Upto October 2014
- Period of counselling sessions at the Study Centre: September 2014 to April 2014
- Internal Evaluation: November 2013 to Feburary 2014
- Final Examination: May 2014
- Declaration of Result: End of July 2014
Who can Apply for B.Com Admission?
The admission to this programme is based on fulfilling any one of the following criteria:
- Preparatory programme of YCMOU with minimum 40% marks. Certificate Programme for Self Help Group facilitators of YCMOU with minimum 40% marks.
- H.S.C. or equivalent examination of Maharashtra or other state HSC Board.
- 11th standard passed (Before 1975).
- Government recognised certificate /diploma of minimum two years after SSC.
First Year B. Com. (All courses are compulsory)
Course Name Credit Points
- (COM107) Elements of Statistics 6 cp
- (MAR102) Foundation Course in 6 cp
- Marathi or (ENG102) English for Business
- (HEN101)Foundation Course in English and Hindi 6 cp
- (GKN101) General Knowledge and Social Awareness 6 cp
- (COM106) Commerce 6 cp
- (COM211) Office Management 6 cp
- University Fee paid into Bank: Rs. 1125/-
- Study Centre Fee paid at Study Centre: Rs. 475/-
- Total Programme Fee: Rs. 1600/-
Details of University Fees
- Admission & Registration fee: Rs. 175
- Academic fee: Rs. 150
- Samwad: Rs. 50
- Examination fee: Rs. 600
- Marksheet & Postage: Rs. 100
- Student Welfare: Rs. 40
- Disaster Mngt. fund: Rs. 10
- Total: Rs. 1125
1:- The Applicant is expected to procure the Admission Form and Bank Challan from the recognised Study Centre.
2:- The Applicant must study the prospectus, familiarise himself/herself about the programme rules and ensure that he/she is eligible for the admission. Prospectus is available on our website.
3:- If eligible, the Applicant interested for admission to the programme should carefully fill in the form in BOLD legible (readable) letters in black ink/black ball pen, without overwriting, in ENGLISH language. Care should be taken to fill in the form perfectly and accurately because a computerised system will be used for data entry. The Applicant will be solely responsible for the correctness of information submitted. He/she should attach the attested photocopies of proofs of qualification, date of birth and any other important documents asked for.
4:- The Applicant should obtain the signature and seal of the Study Centre after getting his/her eligibility checked from the study centre.
5:- The Applicant shall attach the part of challan meant for the application form and retain one part with himself/herself. He/She should also retain a photocopy of the application form (Admission Form) for himself/herself. He/she shall take acknowledgement of having given the Study Centre part of the challan to the Study Centre.
6:- The Admission Forms must be filled in and the above process should be completed before the stipulated time limit. Only admission form along with challan must be submitted only at the Study Centre within stipulated time frame mentioned in the prospectus. No admission form will be received/accepted at the university headquarters/Regional centres under any circumstances. Forms should also not be sent by post or courier in any case.
7:- The admission fee receipt for the university fees will not be issued by the Study Centre. The Bank challan will itself serve as the fee receipt.
8:- Applicants should submit their admission form and challan to the Study Centre only.
9:- The Applicant must keep in touch with the Study Centre about the learning programme, Contact Session, Time Table and the examination schedule. The confirmation of admission should be checked with the Study Centre by the last week of October. Applicants shall not be allowed to appear for any examination without confirmation of admission.
10:- The university reserves the right to reject admission wrongly granted by the Study Centre to non-eligible applicants if it is discovered at any stage during the registration process.
11:- Receipt of the Study Centre fees to be taken from the Study Centre only.